Hello From Cambridgeshire

azzacat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the encouregment, Andy, Wed i will be free, Think i will take a look to if you dont mind, I will PM my mobile to you. All sounds doable, just waiting to get a trailer for the bike.

Cheers guys

Hi Azzacat and welcome!

I live near Cambridge and ride for Cambridge Matchless. I love these people; they are like a second family! Check them out here:

http://www.cambridgematchless.co.uk/

If Northampton is more convenient, Nene Valley Motorcycle Club is your man:

http://www.nvmcc.co.uk/

Just as friendly really! They have some cracking venues. Their next trial is at Glendon quarry and is a good mix of rocks, woods and some big climbs. All set out sensibly.

If you need parts and machine advice, use John Lee's in Higham Ferrers. It's a great shop and worth supporting. The Lee's are and have been active at the highest levels of trials and will give you supperb advice.

http://www.lee-motorcycles.co.uk/

I ride (badly) all the Matchless trials and a few of the Nene valley trials, let me know if you're planning to ride and we'll catch up.

Graham

Looking to join the Cambridge Matchless, But cant get the website link to work, Any contact details? Thanks Graham.

No worries, the link is a bit flakey at the minute;

Secretary Mr. Colin Nunn, 42 Old School Lane, Milton, Cambridge CB4 6BS.

Telephone 01223 860829

Email margaretnunn@btinternet.com

Colin and Margaret are fantastic and will tell you all you need to know. Tell them Graham Davies sent you and they may charge you more...

;-)

Graham

OK Thanks, I called in at John Lee on the way home yesterday, Thanks for the link, Got a good deal and a load of sound advise from them, Got myself a decent pair of Diadora boots. Excelent little shop.

Damn, you got some boots!

Ive been waiting for them to get new stock in, i wonder if they have them now. They didnt really have anything in my size. Will have to try them again.

If you talk to shaney in there she's good at working a deal out and there isnt much she doesnt seem to know about trials and the bikes.

For example i go in and ask about wheel bearings for an 03 gasgas, she reels off the part number then dissapears in the back to return with them in her hand 10 seconds later! i also ask about fork seals to be told about the different sizes available. they really are top notch on trials stuff.

Well i have no excuses now (apart from having no money!), the bike is ready so need to get myself kitted out with helmet, boots and gloves.

See you tonight Aaron.

Andy.

Hiya James!

Yea Both Ryan and myself are having fun, So much to learn..... Had a real good time at Earl Shilton last night, Saw lots of action, Watching is as good as taking part.

Dad is lending me his trailer and once all my memberships are through i can take the bike to an event.

All nice and relaxed last night, good atmosphere... Great place to learn on, Some of the little ones were fantastic on their bikes.

Need to learn the corse etiquet, IE Peg meanings & Little cards people had.

Speak soon

Azz

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure who Aaron (azzacat) got to meet on here but just heard through the family that whilst on holiday in France with his family he contracted meningitis and tragically never recovered.

If anybody wants anymore details I will try to find out in what are very difficult times for his closest.

holy crap, thats tragic news.

im shocked.

Im the one who met Aaron and Ryan at Earl shilton and spoke to him a few times on the phone since. Was only thinking about him today too, i was gonna call him to see how it was going with the bike. I was rather hoping he would become a riding partner so we could learn together.

Cant believe it at all. I was hoping to gain him as a riding partner because i thought what a thoroughly nice chap he was when i met him.

my thoughts go to his family.

Andy.

Thanks Jimmy.

Would be good to know what happened. really quite shocking.

must be a very difficult time for his family.

Jimmy, did you want to do a RIP Aaron thread? to let others know as they may not look at this thread.

I gather you knew him well?

Andy.

Edited by AndySV1K