Mintex Trial

betabiker

Trial was a great experiance, thoroughly enjoyed it and very well organised. A massive thanks to all the observers, marshalls and Richmond club organisers. Can't wait till next year!.

A CLASS

Ist Richard Sadler Time 3 Obs 8 11

2nd Jack Shepherd Time 0 Obs 12 12

3rd Josh Maude Time 3 Obs 25 28

B CLASS

1st Jack Stones Time 4 Obs 24 28

2nd Robert Waite Time 0 Obs 31 31

3rd Sam Yeadon Time 8 Obs 24 32

Really good trial great experience.

Results

A class

Richard sadler

Jack shepard

Josh mourd only no the top three for A class

B class

Jack stones

Rob waite

Sam yeadon

B class obsavation

Jack welch

Brad cox

Dec bullock

B class time

Rob waite

Jack stones

James stones

thanks to all the organisers and the marshals. Well set out and well organised!. Great trial. :(

Went to watch/help out and all the lads & girls seemed well up for it. Good to see the lad with the broken footrest finish - he did the entire second lap on one footpeg. Local knowledge obviously influenced the results, but I can't see how you can get best time by missing a section...and not get excluded. Good trial despite my whinge and hope they run it next year.

To be classed as a finisher they needed to do all the sections, if they didn't do all the sections their time is null & void. So the time & / or observation awards were only given to riders who rode all the sections. I'm not quite sure who you're getting at.

Attached are the correct results for the 2009 Mintex Trial.

Below are our secretaries words, not mine:-

Richmond Motor Club would like to thank everyone for making today possible. To the landowners for their generosity, to the Clerk of the Course and his team for all their hard work, to the observers and marshals, thank you, to the Results team who were amazing !

Richmond Motor Club would especially like to thank all of the riders who undertook today

mintex09results.pdf

Well without an official protest, ie put your money where your mouth is, the Club can do nothing.

The scores are put into the computer very quickly, errors are made by both the observers in the scoring books & the results team. Remember the awards presentation was held within 2 hours of the last rider finishing. Everyone does their best but things do leak through that are incorrect but I can say that everything is done in an impartial manner, if it was any other way I for one would not be involved.

I could say I saw the top three miss a section, that's why riders can't protest another riders score, if an official sees a rider miss a section that is another matter.

I could say I saw the top three miss a section, that's why riders can't protest another riders score, if an official sees a rider miss a section that is another matter.

Plenty of onlookers witnessed at least one fast rider miss section 20 on the first lap. I would hope a bit of constructive criticism should improve things for next year for what was generally accepted (me included) as an excellent, well organised event.

Plenty of onlookers witnessed at least one fast rider miss section 20 on the first lap. I would hope a bit of constructive criticism should improve things for next year for what was generally accepted (me included) as an excellent, well organised event.

"Plenty of onlookers" Who should apply the rules ?. World rounds have been won and lost because of penalties missed by officials, and fans at soccer or any other sports boo the ref for missing fouls etc, the official can only call what they see.

I know from past reports that Richmond apply the rules to the book, on any rider they catch on the dodge, no matter what thier name is.

What a BRILLIANT event!

The atmosphere as riders left the start area was quite special, apprehension, excitement and anticipation of what lay ahead.

All the riders I saw gave it 100% from begining to end. They were ALL fantastic.

My eldest lad was disappointed that an observer had missed him on the first lap, however he's already looking forward to entering the Scott next year.

The first words my 13 year old uttered to me when I found him at the finish were, "we ARE doing this trial again next year".

Thanks, to the Richmond Club.

A proper good do!!

This is an official statement from the Committee of Richmond Motor Club:-

The Clerk of the Course, Nathan Stones, has directed Richmond Motor Club Ltd to make an amendment to the results of this weekends Mintex Trophy Trial following an investigation into irregularities that have taken place. The integrity of the Club has been compromised by the actions of an individual. The Club will issue a full set of amended results in due course & regret this unfortunate incident.

Amended results attached below.

mintex_correct.pdf

Edited by PERCE