No Spark

MontyTim348

I have a 2004 270cc Rev 3 which has been playing up for the last few weeks it used to misfire, backfire and then stop if you changed the plug it would fire up again. Today it did the same but it wouldn't re-start and now it has no spark. A few weeks ago I spoke to Lampkins who thought that something electrical was starting to break down. Has anyone any idea how i trace back the problem to see which item is at fault. I've checked a few obvious bits to day like earth to the coil. Does this model have a stator plate problem ?

I wouls look at the stator, my brother went a few weeks ago,

There is a way to check if it is that by using a meter that measures ohm's There is a thread somewhere on here that tells you what it should read, I measured the ohm's on my bro's bike and it was well out,

My bro's bike stopped dead but from what i have read some play up for a while!

Before checking that i would take a good look at the kill switch and coil pack, try bypassing kill switch

Stators are about

My 06 250 Rev3 backfired only once as long as I had it. 20 minutes later it would not start. It proved to be the stator. Sorry, probably not the news you wanted. Fortunatley (For me) my lad had an 06 125 so we swapped his stator onto my bike to prove that was it before I spent the