Great Lakes Event

don

Congrat's guy's on an excellent trials. I really liked the long, open, challenging sections. You really had to have a good ride to clean them, but nothing too difficult. All in all a real enjoyable day. Thanks again for a quality event. - Don

PS All day long I kept thinking it's not raining and it's not 95*F with 95% humidity, am I really at a Great Lakes event ??? :P

You gotta love the way Brian and Co. set up natural sections there. All day Brian was looking at the way each and every rider dealt with a specific rock, root or whatever, logging it all in his head. Every dab was a 'ya got me Brian' thing. If you haven't worked on the basics enough, going to a Great Lakes event will make it obvious to you. Super fun day, thanks to all.

Glad you all enjoyed. Great Lakes Club Members put a lot of time into our events...especially Brian. We finally got to use some of the sections we always have to throw out due to rain. Looks like we were a bit too hard on intermediate though.

Thanks for the positive comments. It is always difficult to lay each line out perfect for each class. We always have a club member lay his own line out for the class he rides. After he lays the line out he rides it 4 times to see how it goes in only 4 rides. If the rider is getting a 3 or 5 after 4 rides it is lightened up or if he gets a clean on his first tide it is made harder etc. Usually this works for us. The sections were long by design with the thought of changing start and end gates to shorten if the rain hit. Looking at the scores it looks like it worked out ok. Most of the classes 1st and 2nd place had under 40 points. We always aim for first to have around 30-35 points per class.

Thanks to all for coming out! We have some ideas for the fall event and knowing Brian we will start laying ribbon within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the hard work guys. Can't speak for everyone but I thought the INT lines were on the hard side. Half the class was over 100 points. I judge things by the middle of the class not the top or bottom and like to see the middle between 40 and 50 points. Again thanks for all the work you guys put in it but I'd love to see you let off a couple notches.

Craig

Hey Biff,are you going to make the vermount and New York nationals.We are planning on going to thoses events.JR

Looking at the budget looks like vermont may be out but my pop is going to be my minder in ny and i wouldn't miss a Davey Reed event for the world. I hear it should be spectacular as always. See you there. Cody comming to Tennessee? I will be there.

--Biff