Howling Sound

masso

Dude, its probably just your brain trying to figure out what bike you are riding now...... You must change bikes more than your underwear, oops, I forgot, you are from Saltspring. Either dont wear undies, or something made of hemp material.

Dude, its probably just your brain trying to figure out what bike you are riding now...... You must change bikes more than your underwear, oops, I forgot, you are from Saltspring. Either dont wear undies, or something made of hemp material.

ok smarty-pants...what is that whining sound?..lets see how smart you are?...could it be that new hemp/bio oil I'm using?

It's happened on my SY's in the past - a likely cause is the clutch plates not fully disengaging - change the trannie fluid for your favoured type - 10/40 gear oil, ATF or Light gear all - all work ok, then spray a little degreaser on the clutch actuating arm (top of left side crank case) followed by some WD 40. The clutch arm can get a bit gritty and stick so the plates don

Howling? No.

How much of what do you have in the tranny

Cheers

DFW

PS

Does it whine like a BETA?

could be....haven't rode a beta yet, that'll be my next bike ...just to drive fracy nuts!

I've heard its typical yamaha straight cut gears .......sound right ??

They all whine and howl! :D

ya, I thought so.....mine can't be the only one out there....foam earplugs are cheap.,should handle the situation

went out today after putting frash maxima 75 wt in tranny , no difference

so, yours whines also huh ..what year is yours ??..........................................masso

ya, I thought so.....mine can't be the only one out there....foam earplugs are cheap.,should handle the situation

went out today after putting frash maxima 75 wt in tranny , no difference

so, yours whines also huh ..what year is yours ??..........................................masso

I don't have one(since '98), but I have heard them for years! Nothing wrong with them! I have ridden quite a few! They sound SCORPA! ;)

new scorpa sy250 owner here...you;ll probably be hearing lots from me!

first thing I was wondering about, is the howl comming from the transmission area...is this normal?

You dont ride with ND do you?

Had five new Scorpas SY 250s from when they were released till I changed to Gas Gas and all had the whine. The same can be heard in the 90s Yamaha TYZs that this motor was originally used in. Dont be to concerned, if you had been around to hear the whine of the Aprilla Trials bikes you wouldnt give yours a second thought. ;)

Had five new Scorpas SY 250s from when they were released till I changed to Gas Gas and all had the whine. The same can be heard in the 90s Yamaha TYZs that this motor was originally used in. Dont be to concerned, if you had been around to hear the whine of the Aprilla Trials bikes you wouldnt give yours a second thought. ;)

ell, I've heard the whine before and betas have similiar sound, but mine is especially LOUD...but no biggy....the motor makes up for it

I was watching the video of ryan young on scorpa page....test riding the 08......it made no whining sound ....this is what threw me off .......Thanks masso