Ssdt Dvd (trialscentral Version)

bigfoot

Got mine very promptly - my comments mirror those above.

1. music / background mix is a bit too much in favour of the music (good tracks though).

2. Mix of sections and course shots is spot on.

Look forward to next years.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work John and I like the music. The perfect compliment to the CJB dvd.

I took both camera and camcorder and hardly used them due to the weather so all the hard work by everyone else is much appreciated. Money well spent :wacko:

Cheers.

GJ :thumbup:

Agree with all the positive comments made by every one else, very quick delivery, nice mixture of sections and the cross country bits that us spectators never get to normally see just hear about, and nice touch with the boot cam.

My thoughts on to have music or not is I would imagine that in those conditions the background noise of the wind and rain drown out alot of the bike noise so I personally think to have music.

Roll on May 2010 more of the same. :wacko:

Agree with all the positive comments made by every one else, very quick delivery, nice mixture of sections and the cross country bits that us spectators never get to normally see just hear about, and nice touch with the boot cam.

My thoughts on to have music or not is I would imagine that in those conditions the background noise of the wind and rain drown out alot of the bike noise so I personally think to have music.

Roll on May 2010 more of the same. :wacko:

Me too.

I just got back from a week in Colorado at 3:30am and there were my DVDs waiting for me. Got a chance to watch this afternoon and I really like it. The slo-mo shots were welcome and I'm very happy with the whole format. I just ordered the CJB DVDs also, but you really need this one too to get the full flavor of the event.

Good work!

Jon

Does anyone know who the guy fighting the giraffe in the bog on Wednesday morning is? It was great fun sitting in the sunshine (didn't happen often that week) filming guys trying to make it across that bog. If only they had taken a bit of time and seen that the flagged route for a change took them round the side of it. Most people we saw tried to straight line it. Tip for next year. If you see us filming what appears to be a boring bit of moor land have a thingk about it. It probably isn't as simple as it looks.

You've just ruined next years outakes bit..... :thumbup:

I buy the CJB one most years but only for the old mans christmas so I still see it. I wouldn't buy it for myself because watching endless riders on bikes with the monotonous conversation and commentary does nowt for me, however the style that John and Matt use is so much more to my liking (apart from some of John's musical choices.. :wacko: ) The bits of the moor crossings give a different look to the video, something that NONE of the others have, it's a trials video made by trials riders and that makes a big difference.

Edited by Slapshot 3

• 2 weeks later...
Me too.

I just got back from a week in Colorado at 3:30am and there were my DVDs waiting for me. Got a chance to watch this afternoon and I really like it. The slo-mo shots were welcome and I'm very happy with the whole format. I just ordered the CJB DVDs also, but you really need this one too to get the full flavor of the event.

Good work!

Jon

To add on, this has become my favorite shop video (and the price is great). I put it in the player and can listen to the music or watch the bikes depending on what I'm working on at the time, so I'm glad I got two (my son will get a re-formatted copy as he only has NTSC) as I may wear out the first one. I understand the reason for the soundtrack, the constant rushing water might drive me a little more bonkers than I am now (which is quite a bit).......I'm totally happy with mine.

Jon

• 6 months later...
Please use this topic for posting feedback on the SSDT DVD after you've watched it. Good, bad or indifferent, it doesn't matter. A pat on the back is nice but Matt and I would like to hear what you think so we can modify our future efforts if needs be. Please tell us what you like and dislike, which clips is your favourite and that sort of thing.

I someone out there would like to do a proper review that would be great. I'd ask Andy to make it a sticky along with the post telling you how to order a copy. If your looking here for that info please go back a page and look for the release topic which contains a link to the order page.

Can we download SSDT DVD? (contributing ) I am in Barcelona so if we can download it is perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the CD Bigfoot, we watched it with all the family. The video and ambient music superb, i recommend to see it on TV 45" , quality is really good, congratulations!

You captured the moors and sections incredible, is the best trial video i have seen , by far .

After watching it my wife is a little worried , he things i am not physically prepared. You can feel how hard are SSDT .

Hope you do the video again in 2010.

Buenas noches