Evo Rad Filler Neck, Any Broken Ones Yet?

pillar

Had one since January, never had any problems. Also must say that the importer is very good. Nothing wrong with the evo.

i agree with pinkpikes quote above that there is nothing wrong with the evo , apart from the frame and swingarm problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had one since January, never had any problems. Also must say that the importer is very good. Nothing wrong with the evo.

i agree with pinkpikes quote above that there is nothing wrong with the evo , apart from the frame and swingarm problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what makes me laugh, we all talk about bikes and their failures like we are World class or British Championship riders. The average clubman will probably never experience any of the quoted problems. I think we all like to think we are Champion riders, but in reality this is only an internet forum, so I suppose anything goes..... :thumbup:

Edited by pinkbike

This is what makes me laugh, we all talk about bikes and their failures like we are World class or British Championship riders. The average clubman will probably never experience any of the quoted problems. I think we all like to think we are Champion riders, but in reality this is only an internet forum, so I suppose anything goes..... :thumbup:

youth rider, not hard on bikes , frame and swing arm replaced under warranty , know of at least 4 other similar cases , over to you.............

Edited by spudsdad

youth rider, not hard on bikes , frame and swing arm replaced under warranty , know of at least 4 other similar cases , over to you.............

Thank you for pointing this out. At least we can be rest assured that there will always be manufactures problems highlighted and experienced first hand on such a good trials forum....

What frame and swing arm problems???

Personally never had any issues with mine, but the above quoted chap seems to know all about it, maybe he can offer more detail?

mainly bikes from early batches were affected , though it does seam hit and miss as to weather you have problems as there are im sure many early bikes out there with no problems what so ever. ours had a dodgy weld causing the bike to leak fuel and swing arm cracked by linkage mounting.

frames and swing arm apear to be updated/ strengthend.

next time you are in a que at a trial to pass the time play" evo spot the diferance" see if you can spot any changes

Hi check out www.saundersextremesports.co.uk for all the trick bits for the evo they have got loads of stuff on there including the rad cap cover!

Rad cover is held on with cable ties seems a little 'heath robinson' to me, just like the CDI cover, not much thought has been put into the product from a practical point of view, and are they really needed, or are they just there for us to spend extra money on. Sorry to hijack your thread