Rear Shock's Wet It'self

gt32

Evening all.

Went to get the bike out at the weekend only to find a big dark patch under the rear end. First thought was that perhaps I'd overdone the chain lube a couple of nights before but, oh dear. :wacko:

Hopping on the bike was like mounting a pogo stick - thats the damper knackered then. Bit odd really as it seems to have broken with no input from me, which is a refreshing change.

Shocks are not my forte, but I'm pretty sure that they aint cheap.

So question is, anyone know if the seals in the damper can be changed and how involved or costly a job this is? Failing that, any ideas on how much a new shocker for a '93 Contact might be?

Any help would be appreciated muchly!!

Cheers

Incidently, seeing as though I couldnt go out on the bike, I was forced into DIY instead :thumbup:

Apparently theres a bloke in Darlington area (I think?) who rebuilds suspension. Never had anything done by him but I know others that have.

Sorry I do not have his details. Ask about. At a push I may be able to get his details. PM me if your stuck.

Scraggydog