Noisey Beta Rev 3

clarkey

We have an 04 Rev 3 250, changed the main bearing a couple of weeks ago. The engines quiet when its not in gear, as soon as you put it in gear it whines, evan when riding.... Whats the problem!!!???

I just purchased a 2003 250 and noticed it does the same thing. It seems to run fine except for the whine, which I felt was coming from the clutch. This is my first trials bike and I'm not sure if it's normal or not, so I'm curious to hear some feedback on this as well.

Did yours whine before you did the main bearings? Just found this

where you can hear the whining when the guy takes off. This is what mine sounds like. Yours? Edited by mrkartoom

My 2005 Rev3 sounds like these of the video does. There is no problem with the whine, in fact, I like it.

Saludos

Someone else today told me these motors have this distinctive sound and it's normal. Having never heard one it does get your attention, but I actually like the sound as well.

Funny thing is-mine started to whine this week.It's 08.If it is normal,why should it start to whine when its 16 months old.Maybe it is the mains.I hope not.No play at flywheel and the sound doesn,t change if you lean the bike over.Is a whine the same as a wooshing sound and do you hear the whine only when in gear with motion or in neutral as well? Youtube man got a serious slack chain thing going there.Obviously not a maintenance freak..

. . . do you hear the whine only when in gear with motion or in neutral as well?
Mine only seemed to do it when in motion, similar to the video. Don't notice it at all when in neutral. Edited by mrkartoom