Rockshocks V Falcons

ausy300pro

Has anyone any opinion on which is best shocks, Rockshocks or Falcons, I have made an enquiry about some alloy bodied Rockshocks, I know there have been reports of poor service from Falcon shocks, are the Falcons any better than the Rockshocks and worth the wait or should I just go ahead with the Rockshocks. (new to twin shock bikes)

I have bought three sets of Falcons over the last few years and never had a problem getting them, or parts for them, and their action is better than the other trials twinshocks I have tried - but I haven't tried Rockshocks. I did have a problem with the Falcon bump rubbers disintegrating on the first set I bought (in about 2003). The later Falcons and the replacement bump rubbers have been fine.

If Rockshocks are the ones with the ball ends, then that is a good feature that Falcons don't have.

High

lots of people here and in spain use BPS ormore recently Magicals you can get both from Stuart at BPS on france(0033) 687383530

I've recently fitted BPS alloy body shocksto my 247 which are a lot better than betors you can feel the back end following the ground over rocks instead of hopping from rock to rock;

they now supply these fitted with ball end swivel mounts you see lots of these fitted to hondas

cheers

I've had a set of falcons for years and are good. However, I've also got two bikes with Rocks on, and On loads of levels Rock shocks are better.

My Rocks work better for trials than the Falcons

Rocks are not gas charged and so you can rebiuld them yourself, with basic machanical knowledge. Falcons are gas the same as their pre 65 mx shocks, not needed for trials,

John Bull of Rock shocks is really helpfull,

will set your bike up for you when you buy them,

supply you parts should you want to maintain them yourself or build them for you,

John is a very good trials rider himself and so knows how they should be set up,

On top of all this Rocks are about

• 4 weeks later...

My new rockshocks arrived today, they look really good quality, don't know how they perform as yet but if they ride as good as they look I will be very happy, can't praise the service enough either, John even sent them out to me before cheque had cleared, I would recommend rockshocks to anyone needing new shocks for their twinshock bike.

ausy300pro -My new rockshocks arrived today, they look really good quality, don't know how they perform as yet but if they ride as good as they look I will be very happy, can't praise the service enough either, John even sent them out to me before cheque had cleared, I would recommend rockshocks to anyone needing new shocks for their twinshock bike.

Just out of intrest, how much were they and which bike/model are they for?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Have had my Falcons on for about 5-6 months , riding 2 or 3 times a month.

Atfer waiting 6-7 weeks for them to originally arrive i was getting p@@@@d off

but after they finally came and riding with them they were very good.

BUT last weekend the seals went , oil everywhere - so not impressed!!

after only having them for 5-6 months!

I emailed Falcon at the beggining of the week - still no reply! :D

I emailed John Bull for a set of Rockshocks and he rang me back the same day

to check what i needed and he would sort out some shocks whenever i am ready

Good service - not like Falcon!

Have to now wait until i can get the dosh to be able to afford another pair

of shocks that i shouldn't be having to pay for!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly 3 weeks now and still no email reply from Falcon!

So was on to John Bull yesterday and shocks coming today.

Top bloke and top service!!

He even asked me to give him feed back after i ride this weekend to see

if my shock will need tweaking.

Have thought about posting the Falcons back for repair but my mate sent some 3

years ago and has never had them back! Great !

No more Falcon's for me....