2007 Txt Pro 300 Settings

donnie

Hi, Can anybody tell me where it is possible to get settings for Carb for 2007 TXT Pro 300 Settings? The Gas Gas Manual doesn't have much detail! I think it might not be running quite as good as it should be. The idle seems a little low (which alone is an easy fix if i can find the right screw!) but it seems a little smokey and it takes alot of kicks to get it started. I've checked the plug and it seems a little oily. The most annoying thing is how difficult it is to get it started though. The spark plug gap is about 0.7-0.8mm but i notice on the NGK website they state it should be 0.5mm. Would this make a big difference?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GasGas spesifications for spark plug gap is 0,9 mm. I never touch it and never have had problems. (Hmm.. maybe I should touch it..)

A quick very "non scientific" carb adjusting school:

On the carb you have two screws. To the left are fuel/air mixture and to the right are idle screw. Fuel/air mixture gets richer when turn outwards. Idle get higher when turned inwards.

Adjust the idle so that you have a litle higher idle than you would like. Then adjust the air/fuel mixture so that the idle speed is at the highest. Usally between 2 to 3 turns from bottom. Play by ear. Then try out the throttle response and adjust if you think the responce is slow.

Last You set the idle like you want to. Often the clutch is dragging a bit, so set the idle speed with clutch in and in 1`st gear

Hope this helps :D

'

-Jan

Edited by JanDyb

• 3 weeks later...

Which plug type you use on a TXT PRO 300 Raga? In the included manual which the manual for the TXT PRO 300 '07 I didn't find it. The gap setting is mentioned in the manual, they say 0.6-0.7mm not 0.9mm as I read here.

Which plug type you use on a TXT PRO 300 Raga? In the included manual which the manual for the TXT PRO 300 '07 I didn't find it. The gap setting is mentioned in the manual, they say 0.6-0.7mm not 0.9mm as I read here.

Hmm.. You are right. One should check and double check information found on the net. I did think 0,9mm was a large gap.

Dont you think the Raga should have NGK BPR5ES as the rest of the Pro`s?

-Jan

Hi Jan,

BPR5ES is fine for the Raga, I usually gap my plugs at 25 to 30 thou, approx 0.6 to 0.7mm.

Donnie, Gas Gas usually supply their bikes with the carbs set up a bit on the rich side, if you have a DellOrto then try a 115 main jet in place of a standard 118, don't know the standard pilot jet but 33-35 should be fine, pilot screw out 3 to 4.5 turns as a starting point. Screwing out richens the mixture. Needle should be D36, 2nd clip from bottom. Try tipping the bike over to the left before starting from cold as this floods the carb and makes things easier to start.

Ta ta, PeterB.

I find the Iridium tiped plugs help the bikes start easier. (Gap = 0.6mm)

Make sure you get good leverage on the Kicker. 300's can be difficult to start if you dont kick it right. Also - NEVER slap at the lever, ALWAYS make sure you can feel it enguage before laying into it. (or you will break the KS pawl or chip the Idler gear)

PeterB, I noticed you say BPR5ES which is the Resistor build-in type plug. While the manual for the 300TXT PRO says BP5ES, the non-resistor type.

On the other hand the GasGas Boy50 manual says use BPR5ES.

Can the BPR5ES and BP5ES be interchanged without worries? I've been told some electronic ignition do needs a Resistor type plug to work fine !?!

I noticed the Keihin carb on my 300 Raga has a 122 mainjet while there is second jet supplied as spare but this not the same shape and is marked as 260K, I think it is for Dellorto carbs like installed on the TXT Pro300. Strange that GasGas supplies a spare jet that don't fit :thumbup: .

Is there any Keihin carb (setup) info available for the Raga? The manual original came with it is for the TXT PRO 300. Is the 122 mainjet the standard one for the Keihin on the Raga 300?

• 1 month later...

Hi Kurt

just reading through some older posts on carb set up and saw yours.

I run an '06 TXT Pro (not RAGA) and have a Keihin PWK 28 carb.

Before it broke the bike ran perfectly on a 125 main, 45 idle jet and a jjh needle.

From what I've seen on the forum, 122 sounds like it's ok for a 250 but lean for a 300.

What happened in the end and what are you running now? I'm just about to put an order in to Allens for new jets and am wondering what to get.

Cheers

Ian

PeterB, I noticed you say BPR5ES which is the Resistor build-in type plug. While the manual for the 300TXT PRO says BP5ES, the non-resistor type.

On the other hand the GasGas Boy50 manual says use BPR5ES.

Can the BPR5ES and BP5ES be interchanged without worries? I've been told some electronic ignition do needs a Resistor type plug to work fine !?!

Yes these plugs can be interchanged, The plugs are exactly the same but the resister is to prevent radio interference and effecting some types of electronic ignition units.

NGK's website has all the details.