overthehill

SSDT park-ferme  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SSDT move its start area

• I am a COMPETITOR and i vote STAY
    • I am a COMPETITOR and i vote MOVE
    • I am a SUPPORTER and i vote STAY
    • I am a SUPPORTER and i vote MOVE

With reference to the post regarding the moving of the SSDT start/finish area - please let us know your view.

I must stress that a decision has not been made yet - we are listening !

Oy Witham, that's not fair....how can I sit on the fence getting splinters if you don't give me the option to do so.... :D

does this include the several pages of previous replies?... If you're on top of that lot you must have all the issues in front of you just for what it's worth Mark I think on balance blah blah provided you take care of the access, commercial interests/responses from town it is a good idea, it may worry some who have got used to West end car park but It must also provide opportunities to the club and the trial.

the only other start stop i can remember is the safeways carpark before it was built

"if you`d seen those roads before they were made you`d lift up your hands and bless General Wade" :wacko:

having had time to mull over a proper reply i believe that the present venue is okay.

the parc ferme is secure and visible and a great advertisement for the trial ( and been outdoors means the bikes do have to be relaible to stand outside for 7 days and nights)

as for the trade area i believe this is what lets the area down. at present we have fragmented 'trade barons ' importers and stand alone retailers. all have different stands in size and design.

i'd propose putting the lot on a more organised formal basis to the benifit of all.

erect two large framed tents, one for the importers to use for 'repairs and support' and the other to retailers who could ply there trade from stalls inside the covered area.

this would remove the need for all the vans cars etc on the site freeing up space and opening up the possibility of making the whole show more proffesional.

How much do the trade stands pay the organisers / council?

The more I look at this the more I think it's an organisation point rather than lack of space. The Google maps aerial shot is taken when the trial is on. Worth a look........

Here

Not exactly organised is it?

How much do the trade stands pay the organisers / council?

The more I look at this the more I think it's an organisation point rather than lack of space. The Google maps aerial shot is taken when the trial is on. Worth a look........

Here

Not exactly organised is it?

It's one of the few events where the trade stands are completely free of charge. Organisation is definitely an issue, but given that we don't get enough volunteers to run the trial itself, having additional volunteers around to manage the car park is a physical impossibility for us in the current format.

I'm guessing that if we decide to stay put, both of those are things that are likely to be reconsidered, but that's just my personal thoughts, nowt to do with the committee!

Just a thought, but the competitor lane for entering and exiting the impound is against the wall of the parking lot and it does give some protection aginst the weather, if the trade stands were against the wall, and the bike lane was next to the waterfront, it may help a bit in bad weather, and also keep the entrance to the PF a little more open.

Just a thought, but the competitor lane for entering and exiting the impound is against the wall of the parking lot and it does give some protection aginst the weather, if the trade stands were against the wall, and the bike lane was next to the waterfront, it may help a bit in bad weather, and also keep the entrance to the PF a little more open.

They had two lanes this year the usual one against the wall for the bikes and another along the waterfront for the re-fueling vehicles.

either way to an onlooker it looks disorganised ( and i take highland lassies point because it isnt organised) so from a start point the organisers should agree what good would look like and appoint a person to ensure it becomes reality.

i'd propose that the parc ferme remains as is, with the addition of rigid style covered area for start and finish each day this could also be used for scrutineering and admin

i'd propose that the importers ' repair and support' areas are adjacent to the sea front under one or two covered areas with spectator viewing areas cordoned off inside the area

i'd propose similer 'trade areas' isnide and under cover of another 'tent' perhaps more than one.

i'd propose that the carpark is vehicle free other than importers and 'trade' barons ( tyre truck)

i'd propose designated catering area with perhaps the local WI or similer having cakes and tea/coffee in another catering tent alongside the 'butty vans'

easy for me to say but i hope that it might just strike a chord with someone better placed than i to implement change

best wishes