Montesa Cota 330 Air Filter

steve

Hi guys, I am in need of a little help.

I have fitted a standard airbox to my bike now but can't find anywhere to buy a filter from. I made my own filter using foam from a spare petrol disc cutter filter I had.

The problem is the bike runs really rich especially at the lower throttle openings (up to 1/2 or 3/4). Dropping the needle helped a little but still way out. With no filter on the bike runs clean.

Either my home made filter is too restrictive or someone has re jetted the carb to run without one.

Could one of you kind fellows that have a 330 post (or email me) some good pictures of the 330 filter, perhaps with some measurements. I can buy a filter from a 242 but as I've never had or seen a 330 filter I don't know if it's close enough. At least with some good pictures and dimensions I can buy some proper foam and make a better one.

Once the filter is sorted I can then set about getting the carb right.

Many thanks,

Steve.

I have fitted a standard airbox to my bike now but can't find anywhere to buy a filter from. I made my own filter using foam from a spare petrol disc cutter filter I had.

The problem is the bike runs really rich especially at the lower throttle openings (up to 1/2 or 3/4). Dropping the needle helped a little but still way out. With no filter on the bike runs clean.

Either my home made filter is too restrictive or someone has re jetted the carb to run without one.

Steve

I think the 242 one is basically the same. Dave Renham has them at InMotion it appears.

I'm not sure where I put the original from my airbox when I cleaned the box out. But it's here somewhere!

Wayne.....

Thanks Sandy. The pictures are great.

I bought a bit more Ali on Sunday and will have another go at making a cover when I get the time. At least now I know how to fit the filter.