Is 80cc Big Enough

Hi all I'm new to trial bikes Im looking at a 80cc thats for sale .I'm 6 foot 182 lbs . Is this size motor big enough .the bike is a beta rev 80. I like to creek ride not competion riding ,yet anyways it look like it would be a lot of fun. thanks for your help Steve

Edited by stevenmichael

My lad had a Gas Gas 80 a few years back and it was a superb bike, I can honestly say that it would have got me around a trial ok and I probably wouldn't have lost any more marks than on my 250, providing it was an easy trial.

However, it would be no use what so ever to use for anything more than an easy club trial if you are more than eight stone (110lbs or so) it simply wouldn't cope with any kind of trail riding.

125's a superb, but to some extent the same applies, for general messing around and fun riding with your pals a 200/250 would be best suited. And to be honest, not a lot more money than the much rarer 80/125's.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Picturesfromlaptop046.jpg

Hi all I'm new to trial bikes Im looking at a 80cc thats for sale .I'm 6 foot 182 lbs . Is this size motor big enough .the bike is a beta rev 80. I like to creek ride not competion riding ,yet anyways it look like it would be a lot of fun. thanks for your help Steve

I think......not

I think if you look round it would probably be cheaper to buy an older 200 than the 80cc anyway ,The little bikes keep there money well, A nice beta techno 200 is a sleved down 250 so dont wear out either ,

Having said all this its still up to you and it would be fun/light.