Kickstart, Right Or Left?

tombo46

alot of people think that the kickstart's "proper" side is the right hand side, what do all you lot think?

Personally I think Beta have got it right, I ride a gas gas now and much prefer it but I think for a trials bike, the kickstart should be on the left, quite simply because the rear brake is on the right! it allows you to keep full rear brake on and kick the bike up thus saving you a 5!

All the best

Tom

To be honest Tom, I think Beta have got it wrong & everyone else has got it right, as soon as there the olny ones to have put the kickstart on the left, i just hate the idea because i can never kick a Beta up, but i wonder why Beta have put the kickstart on the right hand side on the 4T model, would be interested to know that.

Ben.

alot of people think that the kickstart's "proper" side is the right hand side, what do all you lot think?

Personally I think Beta have got it right, I ride a gas gas now and much prefer it but I think for a trials bike, the kickstart should be on the left, quite simply because the rear brake is on the right! it allows you to keep full rear brake on and kick the bike up thus saving you a 5!

All the best

Tom

i think ive got a solution eletric start but then the bike is to heavy or cheapist option dont STALL it

Iv got a gas gas with a right hand kickstart and have owned a ccm and a KTM with a left hand kicker. I struggled everytime I kicked the the ccm or ktm over, the gas gas is just so easy in comparison.

I prefer left, it is easier to start for me as I have a bad right knee (no cartilage remaining). Also my first real dirt bike was a 1976/7 Maico aw125.

As not unlike yourself, knees are shot!

Reminds me of a recent joke!

Paper or plastic, who cares, I am bi-sacktual! :thumbup:

So long as it starts the bike , what does it matter? you need to get a life

If you had read my post you would see why it matters, I was just about to explain but to be honest I cant be a***d with you.

Tom