Spark Arrestor Screen Replacement/ Fabrication?

mcman56

I have an M2000 spark arrestor that is about 5 years old. It needs a new screen so I have 2 questions.

1. does anyone sell replacement screens?

2. what is the trick to soldering a new screen? I have some stainless steel screen that I treated with acid flux solder. When I try to solder with silver solder or copper pipe type solder, it just runs off. In general, I suck at soldering. Are there any recommendations to get this done?

thanks!!

I have an M2000 for my Scorpa and bought one for my sons Sherco. The screen for the Sherco was a loose fit and when he ran the bike the screen popped out never to be seen again. I looked up the M2000 on the forest service web site and found out that the J.G. Minter and Sons firm in California manufactured it. I tried calling them but the number was disconnected. That was two years ago. I tried a few weeks ago to no avail. I called Ryan and he said that the conpany did not sell replacement screans. Ryan asked me to send the M2000 back to him and he would see what he could do. I never got around to doing it. You need a special flux to solder SS. Have done it but it is a bitch. You need to have the gas ratio just right. Oxydizing=Carborizing who knows. You might try spotwelding the screen.

DFW

Edited by dfwilson