Rev 4t

rev4t

can anybody help . i have a rev4t 08 . thats bad to start, fouling plug up , and struggles to rev clean. i have .......... re jetted carb,re set valves, had stator re wound, thouroughly cleaned out all carb and choke jets,new plugs, clean air filter, altered air screw , breather pipes clean

Gday, not really on a 4 stroke. What heat range plug are you using? What does the plug look like when it is fouled - is it wet looking? Or is it a dry soot? This makes a difference in diagnosis, wet is oil and dry is fuel.

Cheers,

Stork

Hi. My Rev 4T has a very sooty plug. I am running a Iridium plug with 0.6mm gap. It starts and runs fine - one slow kick and it is running.

Have you replaced the problematic Beta kill button? They are ****e, replace it. Check you have a good earth to the frame for the ignition system ... this has fixed a few of these bikes starting problems.

Jetting is critical - Raise the needle all the way, replace the main jet with #112.5, and idle mix set 3.5-4 turns out.

Ralph

Edited by NZRalphy