Powys Trophy Trial

bikespace

Regs now out for the Mid Wales Novogar trial on 6th September.

Moved to two weeks earlier this year so we don't clash with the Hipwell. Mainly because most of our lads would like to ride both.

Entries close on 1st September or when full - 100 rider limit.

Clubman course available this year - deviations from the Novogar route where possible. Yet to find out what level this will be marked out at, but the Novogar will remain at a similar level to previous years.

Novogar_Regs_and_Entry_2009.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Results now available below and from the Llanfyllin website - not trying to steal traffic Andy, I don't particularly want it :rolleyes:

Top 5:

John Crinson

Sam Haslam (not eligible)

Gary Jenkins

Chris Pearson

Miles Jones

Time was a little tighter this year than most. Same time limit as for the past 4 years of 6 hours, but I think a few more delays along the way, a couple of double subs not helping things. Most of the time penalties were amongst the clubmen, but it was clear that one or two of the top riders were rushing a little for the second half of the trial, although the top three of Crinson, Haslam and Jenkins were back fairly well on time.

I thought as riders reached me at section 27 that maybe things had been a bit tough, but looking at the marks lost, for the top boys we'd maybe have aimed for a few more ideally. For the rest of the entry the marks are probably about where we were aiming.

Richard Allen, Mick Boam and Mike James at the top of the over 40 class, and Pete Ruscoe, Tim Morris, Brian Welch on the clubman route.

Rumour has it that Mike James stopped at the pub as he dropped off the hill, which would explain the three 5's on section 17,18 and 19 that dropped him back a bit. What happened Mike? :)

John Crinson was one down at the punch card change, but then cleaned every section on the second card. Some of those sections are damned nasty, especially 23, the waterfall in the corner. That's a storming ride to clean the second half of the trial.

Thanks to everyone who helped. I won't name all the names for fear of missing just one poor bugger off it, just THANKS EVERYONE.

Feel free to throw your comments/suggestions/abuse this way. May be non-stop next year, but it's good to hear how many think it's too hard compared with how many think it needs toughening up. I don't take offence as long as you don't mention bald, fat or ugly ;-) and even then I'm pretty feckin used to it.

Powys_Trophy_Trial_2009c.pdf