Txt 70 Tuning

turbohead

I wonder if there are anyone here who has done more to their TXT 70/80 than just the obvious mods, for example as described on the US GasGas homepage.

I have taken the engine apart, cleaned it, rebuilt it with new bearings, seals and so on. I have tried the mods to the standard Dellorto carb (raising the needle and grinding a 2mm nothch in the thottle) and I have tried taping off various parts of the airbox intake. And it works OK even if it has to be leaned out under certain conditions.

Problem is, when the rider (my son) gets more experienced, he need a bit more power and crisper power delivery.

I have been thinking of boring out the cylinder to the class limit (80 cc), ie a 10% increase in capacity. Also, doing some port work, perhaps another pipe and also changing the carb for a Keihin (I am used to tuning Keihins on our mx bikes and find them much more precise and easy to work on than the rather crude Dellorto on our GasGas). Has anyone tried any of this or perhaps other mods, like Boyesen reeds or something?

Plese, let me know!