Folding Trailers

2lls

They are a good idea especialy for storage. Though a bit on the heavy side for one person to carry round back of house, My friend has one and he has to dismantle it to make it lighter.

Originally he wanted a Kliponoff'Light' like mine but Pendle Eng (the pushbike rack People) have bought out the brand and hence no longer in production. When I got in contact with them they only had a couple of trailers and some racks left over.

If you can get a Kliponoff second hand they are quite a lot lighter weighing 70kg and suitable for up to a 200kg bike (300Kg gross)

Hii B40RT

I do mine exactly how you describe

But the situation my friend has is he lives in a quasi semi, and has to carry it through a narrow tunnel. so he's not as fortunate as us!

Hi RichT

I'd always be nervous of it "unfolding" at speed.

Have a look at www.motolug.com

Edited by B40RT

I'd always be nervous of it "unfolding" at speed.

Not a problem, The 'CMF' trailer is secured.

Like any trailer you must always use it when it's fully assembled and its designed so when a bike is loaded it would make it even more secure!

Thanks for the replies, after looking at a fair few trailers

finally opted for a pm310 single bike trailer by ERDE.

light at only 60kg easy to lift up to store on end in the

garage, or lift on to side on one wheel to push it through

the gateway to store in back garden. will see tomorrow

what it tows like with the bike on

Phill

The PM310 tows really well; you should have no problem there. I have to wangle mine through the the garage with very little room to spare, so I made a 12" x 12" square "dolly" out of thick plywood, fitted with four heavy duty castors from Screwfix. With the trailer stood vertically, one wheel rests flat on the dolly and with a bit of help it can be steered easily through the garage.

The PM310 tows really well; you should have no problem there. I have to wangle mine through the the garage with very little room to spare, so I made a 12" x 12" square "dolly" out of thick plywood, fitted with four heavy duty castors from Screwfix. With the trailer stood vertically, one wheel rests flat on the dolly and with a bit of help it can be steered easily through the garage.

Thanks very much for the info. Do you think i would be able to store it on the wall of my Garage?

cheers

Dave

used my new trailer for the first time today, tows realy easy, with the bike on the

whole thing feels well balenced and stable, the only time i saw it bounce a little

was on that part of the M42 just up from the M40 link, anyone who's driven on it

will know what i mean, its like driving on a corrugated roof. well pleased with the trailer

Phill