Fantic 240

scoobie232

:agreed: Looking good ! making the best twinshock better takes time ! If you did the chain tensioner mod , can you tell me how far forward from the axle slot I put my nut-sert for the mounting bolt ? I've got another swingarm with Chris's bushing/shaft kit ready to go on , and a beta tensioner just laying in wait ...

And you'll love it when you take it out for a good romp ... It'll do alot more than you think it's capable of !

Glenn :beer:

And I used a different Tank sticker on mine ! ( just to be different )

post-1232-1280792235.jpg

Edited by axulsuv

Little more done today - engine, exhaust and shocks bolted in, had to replace the green wire from the ign when fitting the new coil as all the insulation had wasted away, strange as all the other wires were perfect, put a bit of a stutter in my day but here's how it looks tonight

fantic240build003.jpg

fantic240build004.jpg

fantic240build005.jpg

fantic240build006.jpg

Family permitting I should get a bit more done tomorrow.

H.. :agreed:

Thanks for the photos ... From them I can see where to put the nut-sert . (theaded rivet )

Glenn ^_^

Sorry Glen forgot about you,, pic No3 shows it quite clearly i think ;)

270mm from the inside of the wheel spindle hole is what your after I think ?

H.. :)

Sorry Glen forgot about you,, pic No3 shows it quite clearly i think :)

270mm from the inside of the wheel spindle hole is what your after I think ?

H.. ^_^

are we talking about the mount for a beta chain tensioner? if yes, mor details please. whqat size nut sert do i need. is the threaded boss not welded by chris

lee

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi BLOCKY or do i know you as Brian?

Anyway you have done a good job on that bike of yours, is the end can from italy,i bought one a little while ago ,good bits of kit.

Are those side panels off ebay!!

Ive just finished putting a set of beta forks on my 240 as the originals are in need of recroming.

Hi Davy. Yes thats me. The top yoke and front brake bar look great I think you'll agree. :D

Yes the silencer was from Italy and ive just wrapped some sticky backed black carbon fibre look sheet around it to protect it but also so that it looks a bit more in keeping with the original look.

I made the side panels myself. They're just ally sheet cut and bent to the right shape and covered in red sticky backed PVC.

This is what it looked like before I started...

Bm9nj-w2kKGrHqYOKkYEtl8DGR53BLhl0ORN5_12.jpg

Bm9n61QBWkKGrHqYOKigEtlH3QyZMBLhl2QbPg_12.jpg

Just love that brake pedal

Did you have any joy with that stainless front pipe you were working on ?

I have to admit, the whole episode of restoring the bike has been a real eye opener for me. I could not believe just how badly somethings could be botched together.

I found 2 sparkplug sockets in the fork tubes

a brake pedal that looked as if it had come from a tractor

an air filter that was wedged into place

every nut and bolt butchered

Say hello if you see me at a trial. It would be great to meet you. I normally ride a red 2005 gasgas at trials

The bars are a temporary measure until I can find the funds for some fatbars. I'd also like to redo the wheels with new spokes and rims. I cant decide if I should go with having the current tank sprayed or to go with a new fibreglass one.

I should be there on the 19th but will be on my gasgas. Ill look out for you.