Fantic 240

scoobie232

It will be the first time out next week with these forks,kept the old ones to revamp so i can revert back if needed.They work really nice and not that hard to do,once you work it out!

Hi Blocky did i once reweld your tank up on a gasser.

Edited by Davyb

• 1 year later...

Well It's been over a year now since I shelved this project, never thought it would be on the back burner for this long but with a new garage and more time on my hands it's made it back onto the front line.

After pulling it back out and a quick inventory check I have a list of parts to order and some to source.

I have the original gear lever but it has no spring at the tip, I'm not going with the all original theme so what are the alternatives to this ? any pointers / pics would be appreciated

Same for kick start it's gone all sloppy with age - what are the alternatives ?.

finally gearing, It's been suggested 11-39 should suffice, views and experience welcome.

There's prob more I should have asked but it will come back eventually.

H.. :)

Edited by scoobie232

I got one of these to fix my gear lever, havent fitted it yet though. The only kickstarts that fit are Fantic ones and they are difficult to find and expensive (especially the alloy ones from the later models), if you are lucky replacing the pin and cleaning the spring & ball bearing up will revive yours. I find 11-39 to be the best gearing.

Thanks Grib,

Thats an option i may well go back to but I'm looking for a shorter lever maybe more modern if anyone knows what might fit ?.

I have heard it mentioned that certain beta levers and kick starts might fit. can anyone confirm or dismiss this ?.

H..

Edited by scoobie232