Colley Gas Gas

martyd

Not sure if the right place but,

the Steve Colley TXT Gassers can anyone remember when they where made

would really like one and I know going to be hard to find one

Does anyone know of any for sale?

Marty D

If you had asked that question yesterday, I could have found out for you by asking the man himself! I was speaking to Steve today at Alford, Grampian Motorcycle Convention.

Big John

Hi all

What constitutes a Colley TXT PRO? (Not that mine is for sale)

I've got a 2006 TXT300 Pro that was a Steve Colley practice bike. No stand, Keihin carb. flywheel weight but still got a quick action throttle, Kokusan electrics and a Colley sticker on the tank. Loads of power for me... (I'm really no expert) so I'm trying to tame it at present. Bought from a mate of Steve's in Darlington.

Just interested to hear what the specs of a Colley bike are, and whether mine is one.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Tim

yes I'm really in China, in Beijing. I shipped the bike out in pieces to avoid import tax... and built it here and it was running great until the carb stuck wide open.

Didn't know there WAS a trials scene here. Would be good to know if there was: firstly, so I could get some help getting my 300 to work, secondly to help with getting spare parts. It's a pain in the ... getting them shipped out from the UK with friends etc. and finally, might actually get to do some competitions :rolleyes: First trials bike I've ever had, and apart from a couple of days out in the hills outside Islamabad a few years ago, only ever been on dirt bikes and mountainbikes.

Please tell me if you know of any clubs or contacts.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

The closest GG importer to you that I know of is in Hong Kong, or Taiwan. Take a look on the GG Sapin web site for details.

The only trials related info I know about China comes from Thierry Michaud when the FIM sent him out there in 2007 to check out the possibility for running a world round for maybe 2010. He said that there were a few older trials bikes around, good possibilities for sections but not a great deal happening.

Do you still have a problem with your 300?

Hey Tim, what interesting stories are these? nothing about endo's down rock steps are they? :-)

Bye, PeterB.

Hey Pete/Geordabroad

The story to which I was referring was the same one as you (Thierry Michaud). Stu Essininnnngh (sp?) also spoke highly of the scene but that was in HK. I did a bit of surfing t'other night and found some vids. Whether they were in the peoples republic, the republic or HK I don't know but the standard was a long way off. Go to youtube and search for "moto trials china".