Beta 125 - Set Up Advice....

ticket2ride

Chaps,

Been playing around with this 125 for a couple of weeks now and at my wits end!!

Looking for some advice on carb set-up....

It's a Keihin - 52 pilot, 127 main, needle on middle position....

I've been told that this is the standard setting for an Evo.......but, I just don't seem to be able to get the thing to pull off the bottom in 2nd without it choking up/stalling....

Starting to wonder whether 2nd is only good for full throttle sections/climbs etc...

Anybody out there have any thoughts on jetting/needle alternatives??

Or how to ride a 125!!!

Cheers!

Scott

hi scott, my son rides a 125 evo, and to be honest it runs spot on on the standard jetting with castrol tts oil mixed at 70:1.

he probably rides 90% of sections in 1st gear only using 2 and third on bigger climbs and mud.

i take it that you are an adult rather than a schoolboy rider?

if i ever ride my sons bike i find that it seems to bog in 2nd gear ,then again i am about 5 stone heavier than him.

perhaps you just need to rev it harder as its only a 125 and they dont exactly have that much flywheel weight for being grunted through sections in 2nd gear.

...thanks for the comments guys...

Spudsdad - any idea on what jetting/needle position you have on your set-up?

Did you have any joy with those V-force reeds btw?

yamahaty250xox - I'm guessing that you're running a mikuni?

I am wondering about dropping the pilot jet a tad.....see if I can lean it out a bit off the bottom.

When you give it a handful in 1, 2 or 3rd it pulls really well.....find it's only on 1/8 - 1/2 throttle that it struggles....

Cheers chaps...