Great Lakes Event!

don

Great Lakes members,

Thanks for a great event. The sections were challenging but fun and I had great time riding them. You guy's really put the effort in and it shows.

I can't really single out a favorite section, but the water sections and the long rocky uphill double were like the old school sections of long ago and it's nice to see them used again. The staircase was also fun to ride. (Once I found all the markers. Thanks Lester!!) I had a blast going over big exit rock in Rusty's section. All in all really nice sections and a fun event.

Congratulations to Steve Widman for a most excellent ride in SR with only 10 points! Nice ride Steve. - Don

Hear ! Hear! I couldn't agree more. The old school stuff was great. Particularly Dick's long fence row section- my favorite by far! There were changing technical obstacles in every section... One time you rolled thru and the next time it bit ya! Can't wait till I heal so I can really ride now.... I glad I rode even though common sense kept telling me otherwise...

Thanks for the kind words. As you all know it is difficult to please everyone. We also like the "old school" style sections, glad to hear that others do as well.

They really reward the rider that uses body english and can hold a line.

Finally good weather for a Great Lakes event!!!! It just wasn't the same without Zippy though? You out there Zippy??? everything Ok??

Firstgear, I am overwhelmed at the amount of concern you show for my well being. :)

I know you made at least one Advanced section that you said "Zippy can clean this one and will make all the other 5's worth it." :(

Sounds like the sections were reminiscent of when I was a youngun in the early 80's, sections that the really smooth riders would excel at.

I am still alive and kicking. I have a new fan on order should be here in a few days. Basically my competition season is over for this year. (I am using the economy as my standard reason)

Really sucks that I am done competing this year, but next year I expect will be much better.

When I get the fan put in I will at least be able to practice and have fun, and stay in some semblance of shape. Still that shape is mostly round :huh:

My favorite section was number 1 (Mason's section). I really liked the rocks at the end also. Section 10 came in a close second, I liked it much better than the traditional setup. My personal preference is for a break between the doubles like you had in the first double (5 & 6 I think) as it gives everyone a chance to get a fresh start if you have a bad finish on the first section. The lengthy rocky double was really a challenge for a rider in the bottom of their class, it wore me out every time!

Deb

Firstgear, I am overwhelmed at the amount of concern you show for my well being. :(

I know you made at least one Advanced section that you said "Zippy can clean this one and will make all the other 5's worth it." :P

Sounds like the sections were reminiscent of when I was a youngun in the early 80's, sections that the really smooth riders would excel at.

I am still alive and kicking. I have a new fan on order should be here in a few days. Basically my competition season is over for this year. (I am using the economy as my standard reason)

Really sucks that I am done competing this year, but next year I expect will be much better.

When I get the fan put in I will at least be able to practice and have fun, and stay in some semblance of shape. Still that shape is mostly round :)

Obviously Zipper is praying for early snow! Kick his ass, Biff! :huh:

Obviously Zipper is praying for early snow! Kick his ass, Biff!

NO NO NO

ZIPPY HATES SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I am merely comparing my God-like physique to that Jolly Ole Elf of the North.

(We look quite a bit alike, except he has more hair)

To kick my ass I believe Biff would use his trusty method of merely stating "Don't be a pansy, you can ride up that 16 foot vertical cliff, just give it more gas" And the :huh: that I am would think "Well, Biff says I can so therefore I can" And when I crashed he would just say very simply "Not enough gas, try again" :)

My favorite section was number 1 (Mason's section). I really liked the rocks at the end also. Section 10 came in a close second, I liked it much better than the traditional setup. My personal preference is for a break between the doubles like you had in the first double (5 & 6 I think) as it gives everyone a chance to get a fresh start if you have a bad finish on the first section. The lengthy rocky double was really a challenge for a rider in the bottom of their class, it wore me out every time!

Deb

Welcome aboard Deb! Dimples????? I watched you ride a few sections Sunday and you seemed to be doing particularly well. Not sure if it was the "old school" aspect. But this event seemed to agree with your style as well.

As to the "Dimples" tag, it is her nickname from a road going club and if you look at her when she's smilin' you'll know where it came from. Dimples and I disagree (imagine that!) about section 10, I thought it was easier the way we rode it in the past. She did very well on it this time. I do agree on 8 and 9, I was so outa shape I never knew which section I was in, woulda been really nice to get my poop in a group before I started 9. I haven't seen the final scores yet but it seemed to me like we were riding at the top of the skill level for INT class in nearly every section.

Thanks guys, I know you work hard at it.

Craig