Isola 2000 Wtc - Observing

beejay62

Just back from an excellent weekend in Isola. Cracking scenary, sections and a fantastic drive to get there.

As a trials rider over the past years (too many to state !) I've witnessed a few rider/observer disagreements but there was one strange situation on Sunday.

On the second lap @ section 14, a certain italian riding sherco arrived and walking through the section and pointed out to the observer that a large rock had moved since the first lap and asked if he could move it back to its previous position. The observer looked at the rock and was kind enough to lift it (2 handed lift so quite a big one !) and re-position a couple of feet further back into the hole he wanted filled. Do the WTC riders have rules that allow this ? Also, there were 3 assistant observers, none of them disagreed with the main observer. This was right at the tail-end of the day and our British riders had been and gone riding it as it was !

This was a section that none of the WTC guys cleaned on Lap 1 and only 3-4 succeeded on the second lap (even Toni 5'd).

Maybe I am missing something here and would be happy for someone to enlighten me to the rules that permit this.

By the way I recall he did clean it.

Im not certain to the actual rules. But im 99% sure you can't alter a section, if the landscape becomes unlodged.

That was bang out of order and should not have been allowed.

I always ask people if they want the section tarmacin, when i catch them kicking rocks out of the way etc! Brushing a rock for grip fair enough, but moving stuff no way!

We did realize it was not correct but hope that this sort of feedback gets through to organizers somehow as it would allow for this situation to be stopped.

It did spoil the end of trial a bit to see it happening. Despite the weather (it was only a wee bit wet, I've rode SSDT in real rain) I liked the venue.

I misquoted in 1st msg. It was a spaniard on a sherco with Initials AC.

This event was free to spectate, had food booths that were well priced. 5 euro got a large double hotdog + coke. How much is WTC iin Fort William ?

The same Mr AC seems to make a habit of changing sections. We spent a couple of years in planning sections for a world round and on the day before you would not believe how many rocks were moved as the section was "too difficult", funnily enough AR and TB had already passeds the sections as fit for purpose!