Usa Tdn Update

no jive

Hey everyone

Well the womens event is finished & our girls finished today in 8th position. They were a little dissapointed & struggled having only 2 riders & we certainly missed not having *Louise. Without the 3rd rider you just cannot make any mistakes as every point counts. But they did their best and finished smiling & looked good in their matching (TUCKER ROCKY SPONSERED) gear. We walked the mens sections today and most of them we are capable of (18 total). There are 2 in particular that appear to be separators and are Big. But I think the guys will be able to put on some good rides. It has been fairly warm & humid & it started to rain a little late this afternoon. We are praying it stays dry because rain will make it ugly. Most of the mens sections all are going up with multiple large weird angled steps & approaches. As a minder we are going to have our work cut out for us. If it stays dry our last of the A riders start time will benefit us, if it rains it will hurt us, so we are praying for dry. Wish us luck. Will give an update on our finish tomorrow.

Kip

Louise had passport problems at the airport or something along those line. Not sure exactly what happened.

Edited by No Jive

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody

Well the boys finished and gave it their best effort. They pretty much gave a go to each section with some very good rides as results. We still have a ways to go to catch the other top rider teams but our guys did not back down from the challenge. We finished in 5th position which is an all time high for the American TdN effort. This is where we expected to be although we were hoping to pick off another country. With the experience that Cody brought having ridden more TdN events than the other team members, it helped bring up the confidence level. When we walked the sections yesterday there was a little apprehension. But when it came time to ride they stepped up and gave a good effort.

The weather started fairly warm but near the end of our 2nd loop the rain started, luckily for us we were at section 15 of 18 so we were not that affected. Spain won then Gr. Britain, Italy, France, USA. Even though we were behind France by 100 points I think these young men did a great job and I know they did not ride to their potential. What with the plane trip, time difference we could tell they were not their normal selves, it takes more than a couple days to get acclimated. Thanks to all for the help & support. Cody & I have about 6 hrs before we leave for the airport, so it has been one long day. Thanks again

Kip

Well I guess I need to pay better attention.

You're doing fine. You cared enough to put up a post.

I wonder why more Americans don't seem to care enough about our TdN team to wish them Good Luck or to say Good Job after they put up their best result ever.

Edited by the observer

Hello everybody

Well the boys finished and gave it their best effort. They pretty much gave a go to each section with some very good rides as results. We still have a ways to go to catch the other top rider teams but our guys did not back down from the challenge. We finished in 5th position which is an all time high for the American TdN effort. This is where we expected to be although we were hoping to pick off another country. With the experience that Cody brought having ridden more TdN events than the other team members, it helped bring up the confidence level. When we walked the sections yesterday there was a little apprehension. But when it came time to ride they stepped up and gave a good effort.

The weather started fairly warm but near the end of our 2nd loop the rain started, luckily for us we were at section 15 of 18 so we were not that affected. Spain won then Gr. Britain, Italy, France, USA. Even though we were behind France by 100 points I think these young men did a great job and I know they did not ride to their potential. What with the plane trip, time difference we could tell they were not their normal selves, it takes more than a couple days to get acclimated. Thanks to all for the help & support. Cody & I have about 6 hrs before we leave for the airport, so it has been one long day. Thanks again

Kip

Well, I for one am really proud and appreciative of the effort you and the rest of the group put out. I can only imagine the obstacles that have to be overcome, both forseen and unexpected. You are riding against the best in the world and you always do your best as far as I am concerned. You all have my applause!

Jon