Tragic Loss Of Leigh Jepson

young girl sunt

Yesterday, whist out running with his wife, Leigh Jepson collapsed and tragically died of a massive heart attack. He will be sadly missed by all that knew him. I had the pleasure of knowing Leigh through trials in which he completed through the schoolboy ranks, and only putting it on hold until he qualified as a Doctor. When qualified he then competed in many big trials including the SSDT, Manx 2 Day, Lakes 2 Day, Reeth 3 Day and the Scott trial. He is the only rider I know that can manage to finish the Scott within the time limit despite stopping and treating an injured rider in the process. He was a true gentleman, a wonderful person and an excellent Doctor. I am absolutely devastated to lose a good friend and a truly wonderful and selfless individual. My heart goes out to his loving wife Alison, brother Paul and his parents Andy and Carol.

RIP mate

Dan Thorpe

Yesterday, whist out running with his wife, Leigh Jepson collapsed and tragically died of a massive heart attack. He will be sadly missed by all that knew him. I had the pleasure of knowing Leigh through trials in which he completed through the schoolboy ranks, and only putting it on hold until he qualified as a Doctor. When qualified he then competed in many big trials including the SSDT, Manx 2 Day, Lakes 2 Day, Reeth 3 Day and the Scott trial. He is the only rider I know that can manage to finish the Scott within the time limit despite stopping and treating an injured rider in the process. He was a true gentleman, a wonderful person and an excellent Doctor. I am absolutely devastated to lose a good friend and a truly wonderful and selfless individual. My heart goes out to his loving wife Alison, brother Paul and his parents Andy and Carol.

RIP mate

Dan Thorpe

That's terrible news Dan, and it will come as a huge shock to all who knew him. I didn't know him outwith the SSDT but we had a fair few letters to and fro whilst he was juggling his studying with competing. Our thoughts are with all who were close to him, family and friends alike - please pass on the sympathies of the SSDT Committee on our behalf.

Mairi.

Tragic tragic news. I knew Leigh through riding with him at events such as the Manx Two Day and the Lakes Two Day over the years and what a guy! Always happy to see you and happy to chat and have a laugh. Pretty handy rider as well, on the old trusty TYZ!

He was a great supported of the Manx in particular and both personally and on behalf of all involved in organising the trial I would like to pass on our condolences to his family and friends, we will all miss him. RIP

I didn't know Leigh, but looking at my photos I certainly caught him on camera quite a few times over the past few years. My sincere condolences go to his family.

For family or friends who want what I think is a nice photo of Leigh riding at the 2008 SSDT, I've uploaded a shot taken at Fersit in full high resolution. Do feel free to take it.

Click here to download