Tdn Team Scores

lowbrow

If the difference between 1st and last is 305 points and the difference between the other top 4 is 40-60 points you could argue that any intrigue in World team competition is meaningless. Without Japan, there is no drama for a podium position. They could generate more interest if individual scores were posted since the team results could have been mailed in before the event.

If the difference between 1st and last is 305 points and the difference between the other top 4 is 40-60 points you could argue that any intrigue in World team competition is meaningless. Without Japan, there is no drama for a podium position. They could generate more interest if individual scores were posted since the team results could have been mailed in before the event.

Are you saying you expected the USA to be that bad?

Individual scores do not reflect a riders contribution to the team. They don't tell the whole story. Since only the best 3 out 4 scores count, team strategy may require a rider to sacrifice his score for the benefit of the team.

There are many was that can happen.

A rider may be asked to try a different line or gear in a section and then inform his teammates as to its value. His score for that section may read 5 points but his mates may have all registered cleans thanks to his sacrifice.

Or a mechanical situation may require some sort of sacrifice. Or the final lap may see a team under time pressure so after three riders have ridden clean the 4th ride is not needed so he will take a 5 to keep the team moving fast.

Well explained Martin. Thank you. Sadly not everyone understood.

I fully understood thank you... so wind ur neck in laughing boy! I still wouldnt mind seeing the individual scores. (Some people just like the sound of their own voice and have nothing constructive to add - idiot)

Individual scores do not reflect a riders contribution to the team. They don't tell the whole story. Since only the best 3 out 4 scores count, team strategy may require a rider to sacrifice his score for the benefit of the team.

There are many was that can happen.

A rider may be asked to try a different line or gear in a section and then inform his teammates as to its value. His score for that section may read 5 points but his mates may have all registered cleans thanks to his sacrifice.

Or a mechanical situation may require some sort of sacrifice. Or the final lap may see a team under time pressure so after three riders have ridden clean the 4th ride is not needed so he will take a 5 to keep the team moving fast.

Interesting insight. Never considered it from that perspective, but makes sense. You just sort of imagine everyone giving it their best shot, and then counting the top three.

I fully understood thank you... so wind ur neck in laughing boy! I still wouldnt mind seeing the individual scores. (Some people just like the sound of their own voice and have nothing constructive to add - idiot)

My text talk senses are tingling :D

Individual scores aren't published anywhere. Even at the TdN events I've been to I've never seen individual scores even in stuff we get in the Press room. It all comes out just as Team results.