Tdn Team Scores

lowbrow

I rode in the ICTT down in Cornwall and individual scores were shown on the board throughout and published afterwards. I cant see much difference really, but thanks to Martin for his view and for sharing your past experiences of this event Andy.

.... still want to see the individual results! :D

I fully understood thank you... so wind ur neck in laughing boy! I still wouldnt mind seeing the individual scores. (Some people just like the sound of their own voice and have nothing constructive to add - idiot)

The question was answered and explained, yet you kept asking. What are we to think?

What we have here is failure to communicate.

:D

Think what you like! It's not nice to suggest that someone doesnt understand something as if you were some kind of superior being! So stop being a plank!

I agree with Martins points, but generally the riders would have had their own reputations to uphold and would as always be riding their hearts out both for themselves and the team, so the individual scores would have been interesting to see however you look at it.

Think what you like! It's not nice to suggest that someone doesnt understand something as if you were some kind of superior being! So stop being a plank!

I agree with Martins points, but generally the riders would have had their own reputations to uphold and would as always be riding their hearts out both for themselves and the team, so the individual scores would have been interesting to see however you look at it.

Gareth, you are right about me. Please forgive my plankness.

But you are wrong about the riders at TdN. If the team is run properly, then the interest of the team is paramount in the riders hearts and minds and their individual scores mean nothing them. As I said, meaningless.

Well put Martin, but I must say what I find meaningless is the decision to ride group A.

Look at the figures.

2 laps of 15 sections with a 5 for every section by 3 of the 4 riders gives you a maximum 450 points that can be lost for the trial.

USA finish on 330 points for an average of 3.66 marks lost / rider for every section, and that takes into account the worst ride being a non counter. In comparison Spain lost .27 of a point, thats one quarter of a point per section. Waste of time travelling all that way and step up from your nominated B group to attempt riding sections that are way beyond a teams skill level in my view.

If the individual scores are published then a rider could be reluctant to try the alternate line or take a 5 to enable the team to finish on time for personal pride and this goes against the TEAM objectives.

The only way to get the scores your heart desires is to follow the last rider around and record the scores from the section score boards.

Well put Martin, but I must say what I find meaningless is the decision to ride group A.

Look at the figures.

2 laps of 15 sections with a 5 for every section by 3 of the 4 riders gives you a maximum 450 points that can be lost for the trial.

USA finish on 330 points for an average of 3.66 marks lost / rider for every section, and that takes into account the worst ride being a non counter. In comparison Spain lost .27 of a point, thats one quarter of a point per section. Waste of time travelling all that way and step up from your nominated B group to attempt riding sections that are way beyond a teams skill level in my view.

TdN consists of 18 sections not 15.