Evo Aftermarket Pipe

doogle

I have ordered an Evo and I want to change the front pipe, as this made a big difference to the way my Rev 3 ran.

What aftermarket pipes are available for the Evos. I have found that S3 do one, and Arrow do a full system, pipe and silencer but this is

The Bosis Titanium exhaust is only available in a 'full kit', i think you would have to go for the S3, unless it you want to buy the full bosis system

when i read your post you said that your Rev 3 ran a lot different with a different exhaust, but remembering that the Evo's use an expansion box (bigger exhaust), which is supposed to give the bike more power, it might be worth having a ride on the new Evo when it arrives & seeing what you think as it is, with the original exhaust, might save yourself a few quid!

You are right it is the Bosi system I have seen, not sure where I got Arrow from. Might be worth waiting to see. Could be better to spend the money on Raptor pegs.

What evo are you getting?

Pretty sure the ti bosis exhaust will give more top end power, is that what you want?

If you haven't ridden the evo too much I would not compare it to the rev 3 as I am sure its a fair bit different. I have a 290 and its docile enough at the bottom.

Pop over to mk if you want a go

wow, theres a few things wrong with this bike of yours which you haven't ridden! :D

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with it.

There was nothing wrong with the steel wheels that came fitted to my van either, but I changed them.

There was nothing wrong with my kitchen, but I changed that as well.

There was nothing wrong with my widescreen tv, but guess what I changed that for a LCD.

Infact there was nothing wrong with the Rev 3 I just sold, but I just fancied a change.

:D

What evo are you getting?

Pretty sure the ti bosis exhaust will give more top end power, is that what you want?

If you haven't ridden the evo too much I would not compare it to the rev 3 as I am sure its a fair bit different. I have a 290 and its docile enough at the bottom.

Pop over to mk if you want a go

Cheers that would be good. I am getting a 200 though so probably like chalk and cheese.

Would be good to see how the riding position and the feel differs from the rev though. I have taken a bit of a punt really but I liked the old one and I really wanted another 200 so options were a bit limited.

Cheers that would be good. I am getting a 200 though so probably like chalk and cheese.

Would be good to see how the riding position and the feel differs from the rev though. I have taken a bit of a punt really but I liked the old one and I really wanted another 200 so options were a bit limited.

It will be fine I'm sure and a ti exhaust would look nice and wouldn't affect power too much I'm sure, but is the exhaust port the same size and position as 250/290?

mail me if you want to try the 290.

I couldn't get on with the rev 3 but the evo feels natural to me, so sure they are different

Hi mate

I just got an evo 250 and ive found the power is a fair bit more than my mates 08 rev 3 200, I know they don't usually change much on the 200 from year to year so I would say it would be the kinda the same. The beta dealer where I live said that the S3 Ti pipe dosn't have the first stage muffler which ive seen, its just a straight bore with no expansion chamber, he said it makes the 250/290 sound awful .. he did mention beta do a Ti exhaust on the beta website that includes the expansion bit. My 07 scorpa 250 seemed to be alot different to my 09 one with the S3 ti exhaust it did have alot more top end but weather that was down to the pipe or not i'm not so sure. My mates 07 200 ran sweet and he was really happy with it but when the 08 came it had a massive flat spot in the power delivery which he managed to tune out but it didn't run as well as the 07.

Hi mate

I just got an evo 250 and ive found the power is a fair bit more than my mates 08 rev 3 200, I know they don't usually change much on the 200 from year to year so I would say it would be the kinda the same. The beta dealer where I live said that the S3 Ti pipe dosn't have the first stage muffler which ive seen, its just a straight bore with no expansion chamber, he said it makes the 250/290 sound awful .. he did mention beta do a Ti exhaust on the beta website that includes the expansion bit. My 07 scorpa 250 seemed to be alot different to my 09 one with the S3 ti exhaust it did have alot more top end but weather that was down to the pipe or not i'm not so sure. My mates 07 200 ran sweet and he was really happy with it but when the 08 came it had a massive flat spot in the power delivery which he managed to tune out but it didn't run as well as the 07.

Cheers for the info. I know When I fitted an Akrapovic pipe to my 07 200 it made it run a lot crisper, and it seemed to give it more go off the bottom end.

I have heard a similar story to you about the S3 pipes on the Evo, basically saying that they sound awful, and the Arrow and the Bosi system only comes as a system apparently, as the front pipe from it does not fit the standard silencer. I will just have to use the standard one for the moment and see what comes available in the future.

Thanks

Dave

It will be fine I'm sure and a ti exhaust would look nice and wouldn't affect power too much I'm sure, but is the exhaust port the same size and position as 250/290?

mail me if you want to try the 290.

I couldn't get on with the rev 3 but the evo feels natural to me, so sure they are different

Thanks if it hasn't turned up by the weekend after next I will drop you a message.

• 6 months later...

I have an 09 290 EVO, and i ride mostly at high altitude 7,000'- 11,ooo'. Also i weigh 250 lbs. or about 17.8 stone. I was considering a different exhaust to get some of the bottom end snap back, but I didnt want to loose the silencing qualitys of the stock header or the fact that it stays cool and dosent burn holes in my riding pants. So I ended up trying a set of the Boyeson pro series reeds part#112. These reeds are different from Boyeson's power reeds in that they have a thick lower petal and a thin upper petal. In use i noticed that the bottom end power became flexable and easeyer to use. I think the motor spooled up slightly slower, while the torque became slightly more and the motor could drop down farther in the RPM's without concern of a stall. I also added one of their power wings to the carb inlet which added more torque and made the motor a little bit more lively. " The motor will now spool up a little quicker" Both of these mods together cost about $160.00 and added plenty of torque. I had to lean out the air screw 1/2 turn with the addition of the power wing.

• 2 years later...

I did have a Arrow exhaust on my evo250 and it make a big difference. I found the power coming to slow from stop to mid range and the exhaust did exactly what i whant. More lower power and more snappy (not to mutch) just enought.

Stephane

bth_016_BETAEVO2502009winch300Mag.jpg