Ideal Body-fat Percentage For A Trials Rider?

funtrials

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK first off I am in shape.........round

5'9" tall

240 pounds

Went to doc. all my vitals........blood pressure, pulse, all blood tests glucose, cholesterol, etc. are all normal

He says "You're completely healthy, just need to bring the weight down."

Now I admit I am not as pleasant to look at as Brad Pitt, but if I am totally healthy than my weight is fine for the functioning of my system.

That is my theory and I am sticking with it. :P;)

Basically if ya can last the day on the bike and your gut don't get in the way then life is good.

Can you still see your "thingie"?

I think the ability to spot your "thingie" is directly proportional to your health and well being! And if you cannot, then you may be in trouble(just too friggin fat!)

If you must lift something to find it, and that is your daily workout regeme, you may be totally screwed! You need to push away from the dinner table a bit more often! :)

I think the ability to spot your "thingie" is directly proportional to your health and well being! And if you cannot, then you may be in trouble(just too friggin fat!)

If you must lift something to find it, and that is your daily workout regeme, you may be totally screwed! You need to push away from the dinner table a bit more often! :)

OUCH!!

How would you like to live next door to this guy?

copemech Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Sep 26 2009, 03:19 PM) *

OK first off I am in shape.........round

5'9" tall

240 pounds

Went to doc. all my vitals........blood pressure, pulse, all blood tests glucose, cholesterol, etc. are all normal

He says "You're completely healthy, just need to bring the weight down."

Now I admit I am not as pleasant to look at as Brad Pitt, but if I am totally healthy than my weight is fine for the functioning of my system.

That is my theory and I am sticking with it. biggrin.gif star.gif

Basically if ya can last the day on the bike and your gut don't get in the way then life is good.

If you must lift something to find it, and that is your daily workout regeme, you may be totally screwed! You need to push away from the dinner table a bit more often! rolleyes.gif

Yep can still find my "thingie" can see it very well, and it works perfectly every time.

Cope you using performance enhancing drugs? (them little blue pills) :)

Doesn't the cactus juice cover that as well.... :)

Actually it does! 100% Blue Agave Tequila! No need for pills! Anything less is just risk taking! Cheap tequila will kill you!

I wish I was just kidding about the weight thing, but it is serious business really. Granted, some are just going to be thick! Like Zipper! That is what it is, yet if one is in the Upper range, that is not good.

Look up the definition of Morbid Obesity in the books. Basically, You are going to Die! This is the stuff your doctor cannot control, yet only politely suggest.

I am not your friggin doctor, ok, get a grip!

On the positive side, I can think of at least two trials riders that I know personally, that will tell you that if they had not started riding, getting regular exercise, and activity, they would have probably have died within the last few years.

;)

copemech Posted Yesterday, 10:04 PM

I can think of at least two trials riders that I know personally, that will tell you that if they had not started riding they would have probably have died within the last few years.

Trials saved my Life!!!!!

That's what we need a SLOGAN and an informercial to go along with it. that is how we will grow the sport!!!!!!

LOL

Yea,

As an old MX'r the only thing I really miss on a modern trials bike is the ability to do sit down flat tracking style powerslides! Course, you cant really do them on a modern MXbike either! They suck!

Has anyone ever figured out why one would want a Motard(retard) bike? Why would I want 10-12 inches of suspension jacked up under my ass to run a road course on that squirrly thing? Just nuts really!

Maybe some will wake up! :rolleyes: