Vee Rubber Trials Tyres

kickstart101

I have been getting some quotes for a new rear tyre for my 04 gas gas.

VEE Rubber tyres seem to be a lot cheaper than the michelin,dunlops etc, is there a reason for this or does the cheaper price represent a cheaper quality?

Would be interested to know if anybody else has tried them and if so what did they think? Worth a go?

I have a pair on my ty175 & have found them ok, but i only ride novice/twinshock routes, they are good on rocks but not as good as others in mud.

The front seems as good as a michelin but as usual it depends on what level of rider you are, i went down this road on tyres for my TLM 200 & ended up with a Michelin front & IRC Rear.

will be interested in what others have to say.

i would class myself as a mid-range intermediate rider, here in the eastern centre we do have quite a variety in the sort of ground we ride on so looking for something that will work in all conditions. Plus i do ride nearly every week so looking for something that will last.

cheers

I have ridden them and sold them as well, as an economy alternative for the kids bikes and novice riders.

To me the front seems much like the Dunlop, does not have the sidewall flex of the Mich. Sharp precision feel.

The rear seems to work, yet grip on wet rock not as good as the Dunlop or Mich. for some reason.

Long story seems the same as most in that one gets what one pays for, all up to personal choice and usage really. :)

I've got 1 on my second wheel & would have to say that if you ride in rocky quarries they're ok but the sidewalls are stiffer so they don't grip that well in mud, usually end up at around 2psi to get some sidewall deflection