Manifold Extension

dickielumpkin

About 3 or 4 years ago I bought a really well made aluminium manifold extension for my gasgas pro. It fits on the carburettor and extends into the air inlet to the airbox without using the standard rubber adaptor.

I now need another of these and I've lost the email and eBay details of the guy that was making them.

Does anyonbe else have one of these or know where I can get one?

I seem to remember they were about 15 quid.

Thanks!

Andy

About 3 or 4 years ago I bought a really well made aluminium manifold extension for my gasgas pro. It fits on the carburettor and extends into the air inlet to the airbox without using the standard rubber adaptor.

I now need another of these and I've lost the email and eBay details of the guy that was making them.

Does anyonbe else have one of these or know where I can get one?

I seem to remember they were about 15 quid.

Thanks!

Andy

Here in the U.S. we can get them through LewisportUSA, who has V-Mar make them ( http://www.lewisportusa.com/parts_gasgas.htm ). I would guess something similiar would be available in the UK?

I have an 02' Pro and the airbox boot fits directly on the Dellorto (which it is designed for), but the 03' airbox boots are designed to fit the large bell of a Keihin PWK28, so the rubber donut is used to "adapt" the Dellorto to the boot actually made for the Keihin.

Jon

Guess what its me!!

I'll have to get the lathe stoked up again!!

The US ones are copies of mine!!!!! They may be better you never know!!!

Ian

Ian I want to thank you for a great design. That little bugger saves me so much time.

Thanks again....

--Biff

Guess what its me!!

I'll have to get the lathe stoked up again!!

The US ones are copies of mine!!!!! They may be better you never know!!!

Ian

You da man!

A great invention that has saved lots of time and probably a few engines. If the stock donut pops out (it's often about 5mm short), an engine will ingest a bunch of grit which will quickly eat the insides. I've seen it happen.

Good job!

Jon

• 11 years later...

Hello

Bringing this very old topic back to life!

I need to extend either the carb to reed block rubber or the airbox to carb rubber to get a good seal on my 2018 Gas Gas TXT

Does anyone have any suggestions or pint me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Gareth

Howdy. I believe the VMar units are still available. Dunno about the one made on your side of the pond.

But here's a quick/no cost solution to try first. Release the carb from the reed block. Secure it well to the airbox outlet (aka the snorkel)  Use a hot air gun (>>> not an open flame!!! <<<) to soften the snorkel material. Heat it from all sides uniformly. When it's sufficiently pliable, push the carb into the reed block and secure.Let it cool and - voila - it should be "back to normal".

For an even "better" seal, I secure my rubber adapter to the carb using an adhesive called "Shoe Goo". It's some sort of vinyl adhesive. 

Edited by d2w