The Oko 26 Rock Test

neo

I forgot all about negative pressures, that may explain my poor running on times.

So one short hose, with a few holes along it? then wrap it in a fine mesh like the mudguard mesh to stop the **** blocking the inside of the pipe?

Are you on the 28 K carb? If so, screw the inside port against the muff, and put in the one on the left side if available. You gotta drill out that port, yet the provisions are there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you on the 28 K carb? If so, screw the inside port against the muff, and put in the one on the left side if available. You gotta drill out that port, yet the provisions are there.

Oh really? I saw the port, but no hole... so wondered what the hell it was doing there, never realised it could be used as a vent.

Will get onto that before the bikes back together.

Neo

Just been looking through some of your old posts on trials australias site from when you first fitted an oko carb & was wondering out of curiousity whether it was the airbox to carb or carb to cases part you used off a beta rev3?

Have had mine on & running, bit of hesitation if wound wide open from idle to be sorted, not something you'd normally do in trials anyway. I reckon the bike revs way harder than with the dellorto, exhaust note is higher pitched when on the stop

Hi Tony,

It is the airbox to carb manifold (just like the one in your photos).....but I only used one of these on my 125. The angle and offset is greater the the 125 engine than with the 250/290 engine. But I reckon the same manifold rubber would be good for the 250/290 engines too.

Best of balance.

Neo

Had a play with the carb today, mainly airscrew & pretty happy with the results. Think I'll have to go up 1 size on pilot & maybe alter float height slightly

I ran without vent tubes fitted & even though we had to do quite a bit of crossing of creeks had no problems apart from falling off a bank while warming up & submerging the bike completely, the airbox was so full of water that it was running out through the float bowl overflow

Have to say I'm impressed