Cabby To Ride Ssdt 2010

thespikeyone

Hmm, interesting if it's true. It could mean that the factories really are intent on returning trials to the clubman as opposed to living in the rarefied world that the world championship has become.

Edited by TooFastTim

Hmm, interesting if it's true. It mean that the factories really are intent on returning trials to the clubman as opposed to living in the rarefied world that the world championship has become.

Will be very interesting to see if it turns out like that. Wouldn't like to put money on that being the reason, but i could be proved wrong. If the rest followed suit then it would seem more likely. Would love to see that happen.

Will be very interesting to see if it turns out like that. Wouldn't like to put money on that being the reason, but i could be proved wrong. If the rest followed suit then it would seem more likely. Would love to see that happen.

Sorry, you're right I mod'ded my OP to hedge my bets :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Well that is good news if there is an entry by Cabestany for the Scottish, but it will also prove that the WTC is just not selling as many bikes for the manufacturers as it once did... possibly a return to yesteryear when riders bought the bike that won the SSDT... and that went for Montesa, Ossa and Bultaco in the 1970's for starters!

Maybe not a daft idea then, this return to Scotland?

Big John

Good to see some of the factory riders choosing to do the SSDT, but does he really know what he is letting himself in for?

I have watched the trial the last couple of years, having ridden a few :) times before that and you get a whole different perspective on it. The sections might look nice in pictures in magazines, papers and here on TC but its the bits in between that make the Scottish what it is, combine that with the sunshine, showers, rain, thunder, lightning, rain, hail and snow he may be in for a shock?

Big John will correct me if I am wrong, but no first timer has ever won the SSDT? and one of the biggest names never to have won it has got to be a certain ''Eddy Lejune''.......It takes a good rider physically and mentally to keep concerntration for 6 days, it won't be a fore gone conclusion that he would win?

Big John will correct me if I am wrong, but no first timer has ever won the SSDT? and one of the biggest names never to have won it has got to be a certain ''Eddy Lejune''.......It takes a good rider physically and mentally to keep concerntration for 6 days, it won't be a fore gone conclusion that he would win?

Certainly not in "modern" times, I think perhaps Hugh Viney (AJS) won it post second world war at his first attempt.

Big John

Certainly not in "modern" times, I think perhaps Hugh Viney (AJS) won it post second world war at his first attempt.

Big John

I'm pretty sure I didnt win at the first attempt or any other for that matter.

But I'd be happy for Big John to correct me :)