Fan Trouble!

rexy

Hi guys, have just joined today after purchasing my first trials bike a sherco 290 02 model. Was out on the bike today and noticed the fan did not kick in at all. I have tested the fan with a car battery and its working fine, also by passed the thermostat(connecting wire across) and it still does not come any.

Any ideas what it could be? All help much appreciated. Dont want to cook my first bike, would not make a good start to trials.

Cheers Rexy

Hehe! Yet some will still say it's not the same eh? True a (full) bridge rectifier is just 4 diodes in a bridge configuration no matter what their purpose!

A local Maplin store would have something I'm sure.

Wayne...

Yea, easily enough done, I can pot one in for you and provide the proper connections and such for only $50 plus the post! B)

When you say ripple, what exactly do you mean?

There is a regulator there, that will cope with all the overvoltage and clean it up.

It is actually a new fan too, the old rectifier blew because it had no fixing and fell into the fan, stalled it and burn both out!

Andy.

Andy

The rectifier went on my brothers bike and as I wasn't exactly sure what it was I chopped it up to have a look inside, I found 4 diodes in a bridge and a capacitor all potted into that little black box. I'm not sure what exactly you are running but it sounds like just the 4 diodes in a bridge without the capacitor, I don't know the size of the capacitor as it was not identifiable by the time I had got to it, but you will need one.