What Can You Track Stand?

technomix

Okay, so I just got into trials about a month or so ago. Wanting to try something different, I tried to track stand on my KDX220. Not too hard to do in the dirt, but beyond my ability on a hard surface. So who else has been track standing something other than a trials bike? Street bike anyone?

I think it has something to do with the ability to scrath your crotch whilst riding the bike in question. Seems this is a difficulty imposed by stop-and -hop trials, as they cannot remove the hand from the bars whilst stationary, yet the old rollers(non stop) seem to be able to grab a scrath at will.

Personally, I still think a scrath with a foot down should be a certain 5 for the old bodgers, it is just Wrong on Soo Many levels! They have it at a high level of perfection, and some can do it with the end of the bars, never breaking stride!

Even though this is how many of the old gits get even with their younger counterparts that can do stop and hop riding, they should be put under strict observation and penalised for such unsightly action in the sections! B)

Wrong terminology? Newbie excuse #1: Everything I know about trials was taught to me in Japanese. They refer to "stationary balancing" as "standing", I thought it came from the term "track stand". Now I wonder what they call a "jap zap"?...

I will balance my 250 Ninja at stop signs, intersections, etc......(Yes, I have heard it all, not a real bike, a ladies bike.....but the price was right and gas mileage is awesome)

20" BMX bike

Yamaha YFM80 quad up on the 2 side wheels, but can only do that while moving.

Basically if it has 2 wheels a trials rider will try to balance it.

Wrong terminology? Newbie excuse #1: Everything I know about trials was taught to me in Japanese. They refer to "stationary balancing" as "standing", I thought it came from the term "track stand". Now I wonder what they call a "jap zap"?...

1940s Flame thrower???

I can track stand my fathers Honda Goldwing tourer!

Straight up no BS. Some times i can do it sat down and just move my knee about for the ballance. Some times i had to stand. You get some weard looks and you feel a bit of a dork standing up on a Gwing at the traffic lights though.

End of competition. B)

Ive always used the term track stand, meaning to stop and balance.

My use of the word goes back to mountain biking days though probably 10 or so years ago.

Never really thought to ask what people would call this in trials (stopping and balancing i guess! :thumbup: )

Andy.