Sherap T Best In Show

no jive

post-1495-1255900015.jpg

post-1495-1255900052.jpg

post-1495-1255900072.jpg

I entered my 1975 Butlaco Sherpa T Model 151 in a classic Motorcycle Show. To my surprise my bike won overall. There were about 30 to 40 bikes there. I was setting up and working all day on a AHRMA Trials event at Hollister.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the show but was too busy all day. The trophy is Best in Show in memory of Jim Pomeroy. An awesome trophy.

Good thing my idol Big John was not there he would have kicked my a$$

Edited by No Jive

post-1495-1255900015.jpg

post-1495-1255900052.jpg

post-1495-1255900072.jpg

I entered my 1975 Butlaco Sherpa T Model 151 in a classic Motorcycle Show. To my surprise my bike won overall. There were about 30 to 40 bikes there. I was setting up and working all day on a AHRMA Trials event at Hollister.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the show but was too busy all day. The trophy is Best in Show in memory of Jim Pomeroy. An awesome trophy.

Good thing my idol Big John was not there he would have kicked my a$$

Not at all, that is one fine Bultaco motorcycle you have there No Jive!

Big John

(admirer of Bultaco Motorcycles - Built To Go) :guinness:

Absolutly gorgeous bike, congrats. now go get it dirty!

Fergie you sound like my Dad. He cant stand bikes that dont get ridden. He is 77 or so, got to keep him on his toes. I plan on showing it for a while then maybe ride it.

Just noticed I spelled Sherpa wrong on the topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely stunning bike.

What parts were hardest/easiest to get?

Did you have to make up some of your own parts?

My 73 got its chain guard scrunched when I ran over barbed wire and it wrapped around the wheel and sundries.

My fork tubes have some rust. Did you rechrome them?

What do you recommend for substitute plastic rear fender? My bike did not come with metal fenders - just old cheap preston petty clamshell ones.

thanks

Absolutely stunning bike.

What parts were hardest/easiest to get?

Did you have to make up some of your own parts?

My 73 got its chain guard scrunched when I ran over barbed wire and it wrapped around the wheel and sundries.

My fork tubes have some rust. Did you rechrome them?

What do you recommend for substitute plastic rear fender? My bike did not come with metal fenders - just old cheap preston petty clamshell ones.

thanks

When I got the bike the bike was complete and in pretty good shape. I tore the bike completly down and repainted everything. I also polished everything I could including the forks.

Polishing gets old pretty quick. I did not tear the motor apart. I got new fenders. The fenders do not come with pre-drilled holes. So you have to be careful putting them on. I had no problem getting parts.

Edited by No Jive

Fergie you sound like my Dad. He cant stand bikes that dont get ridden. He is 77 or so, got to keep him on his toes. I plan on showing it for a while then maybe ride it.

Just noticed I spelled Sherpa wrong on the topic.

Beautiful bike!

Give your Dad a big wet kiss for me. Is he still riding his "bitzer"?

Jon

Beautiful bike!

Give your Dad a big wet kiss for me. Is he still riding his "bitzer"?

Jon

What is a Bitzer? He rides his old Velocette in the AHRMA events. Has a honda 230 and a Kawisaki street bike plus a bunch of other old bikes. I try to stay away from wet kiss's with my Dad and family. It's not like we live in Oklahoma :chairfall:

My Mom and Dad are in Australia right now for a Velocette Rally then in New Zealand. They wont be back untill the new year.

post-1495-1258593964.jpg

post-1495-1258593955.jpg

Here is the bike before I started, minus the tank.

But it had the large rubber original air box cover which most riders threw away! I like the black plastic or fibreglass sump guard, very useful to protect the casings and were those original type fibreglass mudguards, Lampkin used them for a while over here, but they shattered in competition use.

Big John

What is a Bitzer? He rides his old Velocette in the AHRMA events. Has a honda 230 and a Kawisaki street bike plus a bunch of other old bikes. I try to stay away from wet kiss's with my Dad and family. It's not like we live in Oklahoma :chairfall:

My Mom and Dad are in Australia right now for a Velocette Rally then in New Zealand. They wont be back untill the new year.

Clive,

I've ridden your Dad's Velo a couple of times, really neat bike. He told me it's a "Bit'sa", actually, cause it's made from "bits of this, and bits of that".

A photo of Dad from the 1994 PITS calendar.

Jon

ps. Trying a different scan of photo. I think I remember your Dad saying it was a Velocette engine in a BSA frame?

post-2532-1258642994.jpg

Edited by JSE