175 Scorpa To Buy Or Not To Buy

lastplacebrad

Do you have any problem with overheating, as the 175 has no radiator etc as you mentioned?

you 'avin a larf !! :wacko:

Overheating of air-cooled 4 strokes when ridden in the manner of a trial or during trials practice is a common problem here. Some 2 stroke air-cooled trials bikes also overheat in the warmer months.

Boiling fuel in the carby and fuel line, pinging, flat spots, fuming engine oil, poor running and even refusal to run are the usual symptoms.

One of the best things about riding liquid cooled bikes with thermstatic fans is that overheating is one less thing to have to deal with during an event.

PS there are plenty of water cooled 4 stroke enduro bikes without thermo fans that boil the coolant under the same riding conditions.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is possible to add an oilcooler to Yamaha 4-stroke. Kitaco makes even "bolt on" kit.

oil%20cooler%20classic.jpg

Fitting a fan would be a piece of cake, no probs. Though I suggest that simple on-off switch will do the job of thermos.

Here in Finland, 25celcius is a HOT summer day... :wacko:

Edited by Da Make

Mine is one of the first TY125S, and I use first for almost all sections, except larger hill climbs. It does tend to'rev out'. but it will keep climbing.

The later models have slightly different gearing, which makes first really low, but brings second into play more.

I did consider changing the gearing, but after a year I'm used to mine and know what it will do, and what it is capable of.

For the trials I do, I find it fine.

Mind you, all of the people who ride two strokes think it is 'wiered' when they have a go.

Stick with it tho. I rode a 2 stroke 280 GG Pro today (first time on a 2 stroke in a year), and I couldnt get used to it.

No Engine braking, and how snappy is the engine !!

cheers

John.