07/08 Gasgas?

lurchio

Hey Lurchio,

First of all, good luck in finding a 'vintage' Gas Gas, to the best of my knowledge all the 07 - 08 Gassers will either have been broken down for spares, or popped in a glass case for 'viewing' purposes only.

If you can convince the owner of a glass case one to part with it, I suspect you'll just need to renew every bearing, seal, suspension bush, swing arm pivot, re-pack the silencer, pop a new water pump in, piston & rings and possibly re-polish most of the alloy parts, and then I guess you'll have a solid 3 weeks of trouble free riding (assuming you only want to ride around a club trial on a sunday following your lad and not actually compete).

They are becoming almost as historical as a Montesa from Sandifords.... but without the HRC reliability or build quality....

^_^

just take a look down the gas gas forum page to get the answer....

Kickstart Lever replacement

Last post by: JanDyb

4 Stroking On Two Stroke - Knocking noise

Last post by: NZRalphy

Front Suspension Locked...Damn.

Last post by: skj0lsvik

Swingarm Bearings

Last post by: gaz

2007 Txt 250 Pro Carb Noise

Last post by: JSE

Overheating/rattling/oil Dis-colour On Gas Gas

Last post by: uhoh7

Carb Hissing

Last post by: jordtxt

Strange Carb Electrics Problem!

Last post by: HAM2

Clutch Slip

Last post by: copemech

And thats just page 1 !!!!!!!

Tell me how many times has your Mont broken down??? Without your ham fisted riding and complete lack of mechanical sympathy???? (remember I know the answer)

NONE

Edited by Dave_Askham

I've got an 07 and it is in great condition. Had it from new and it's been great. Just had the suspension linkage bearings done, so no issues there. I've had issues with my gearbox but they are fixed and it's like new now, it's never been sweeter!

With any bike, as long as you keep on top of the maintanence they'll stay together for you!

I'm looking to sell it so i can get a 2010 (if i'm allowed!) ^_^

Yeah, there wasn't much difference between the 07's and the 08's, footpeg repositioning was certainly one thing they changed but, apart from that i can't remember much else apart from cosmetics.

As long as it's been well looked after then i don't see why you shouldn't own an 07/08 GG.

ive got a gas gas 250 2007, only had it just over a month im really happy with it. found out my exhaust needs repacking last week which i would imagine is the same with all bikes, and like manx2day said, so long as you look after it and keep on top of it then apart from general wear and tear then they are as reliable as any other bike. my mate has just bought an 06 250 which is in very good condition and that is as smooth as anythin.