2010 125 Beta Or Gas Gas

petejohn

Hi

Dont know what to buy for my 14 year old. we dont have any 010s 125s in the country yet, so cant try one. We would like feedback on the new gas gas and beta. Bottom end power , smoothness, get up and go. Its hard to make a decision just reading the spec. Has the new crank in the gasgas made much differance.

Pete

Can't comment on the new 125 gasser, but we had one on order and at the last minute switched to a 2010 125 beta on the advice of a number of guys in our local club and we are soooo pleased with it. It is incredibly smooth, bags and bags of bottom end power and also a really soft delivery, yet it grips like a limpet and has bags of top end get up and go as well.

We went with the beta as my 14 yr old son is only a year into trials and is still learning and we were advised the beta was the way to go. I think there is little to decide between them but the advice we were given is the gasser is more for the expert and the beta more forgiving.

I really like it myself and take every opportunity to ride it, compared to my new Sherco 250 which is pretty snappy it is lovely to ride.

BTW the beta looks gorgeous in the flesh in the new colours and the gasser compared to the press pics is a little dissapointing, strange that, beta better in flesh than press pics, gasser the other way round. Gasser stil looks nice don't get me wrong, just in the press pics it looks like a bike to die for, in the flesh just looks good.

HTH

John

Anys q's please ask

BTW our riding mates (one of whom owns a major off road bike dealership) are both so impressed with my sons beta they are going to switch from their Gassers, (250 and 125 respectively) to 2010 beta, both intermediate riders.

When i had my 2008 125 gasser a while ago now, the power from the bottom & top end was impressive for a 125, it did pull really well, i imagine the 2010's will be a lot better, don't know what the new evo 125 is like on performance, but i have a 2010 Beta evo 290 & it looks out of this world.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Pete If the Beta and GasGas are the same price I would try the Beta the build qaulity is a lot beta than the GG so you would have more time riding rather than repairing, whilst the GG's are fairly simple to repair its still hassle that you don't need. And I think the Beta would hold its resale value beta. Perhaps someone that has ridden both bike ie in the UK could give their opions as we don't have an abundance of new 2010 evo's here in NZ. Cheers Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Pete If the Beta and GasGas are the same price I would try the Beta the build qaulity is a lot beta than the GG so you would have more time riding rather than repairing, whilst the GG's are fairly simple to repair its still hassle that you don't need. And I think the Beta would hold its resale value beta. Perhaps someone that has ridden both bike ie in the UK could give their opions as we don't have an abundance of new 2010 evo's here in NZ. Cheers Mike

My son has had a Gas Gas 125 Pro for 2 years and he wants to keep it for a third. Its a myth that Gassers build quality is poor. Trials machines get a lot of hammer and need regular maintenance whatever the manufaturer. Anyway, when we had a Beta it spent more time back at the dealers with dodgy electrics, which we have never ever had with the Gasser. Gas Gas every time for us.

• 5 weeks later...