Sherco 2010 World First Pic

trialsuk

Looks like a fun launch - A Hot model and a new bike works for me.

Not sure about how the exhaust is directed to the side? Maybe im seeing it wrong? would seem to be safer for a riders leg to route it down. (Maybe I just spend too much time behind and off the bike...)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not a fan of the yellow (N) never liked it on bikes. Also would have looked better with white mudguards imo.

But it isn't what it looks like that truely matters, its how it rides. If they ride good then I will be more than happy with mine.

(Going to have to get some none yellow stickers though :thumbup:)

Good on Sherco for pushing the envelope :thumbup:

Tubular frame is much better than that stamped steel version, sure hope the filler cap does not get knocked off in a crash, not sure if the CG has been improved it looks about the same only now more reward only a test ride will tell, tank and rad used to be protected by frame now not, wouldn't want to be on the right in a que, lets see how you Yanks mount a spark arrestor on that.

MMMMMM

Old school Blue

Look where the gear lever is behind the chain mmmm.......

Waiting to see more.

It's only been it that position for ten years, and in all that time I have yet to break one.

Edited by ishy

It's only been it that position for ten years, and in all that time I have yet to break one.

Is it just 'cos the new lever is shorter to suit the new frame?

Anyway, I love this game...'spot the future problems on the new bike'.... by looking at a handful of promo' pics.:thumbup:

The cynic in me says the new batch of Sherco frames will crack (like previous 'new' frames 2000? and 2006?).

Does that fuel tank-cap have a breather? not a good place to have it (near all the rear wheel crud).

That side facing exhaust vent is gonna get a lot of 2-stroke exhaust gunk on your strides.

As other members have pointed out: The radiator and fuel-tank ( how is it suspended?) looks way too vulnerable for the likes of me (plodder/dropper stylee :thumbup: )......and yes, yellow is a no-no :wall:

None of this will matter, if it rides well (could be a real gripper),which I think it might !

I read the spec and details of the new bike as below , but not sure about the supposed better idea's-

"New design, the overall weight has been reduced and the centre of gravity has been centralised and lowered to give better overall performance"

Doesn't look any better to me.

"Air Filter Box: This is in the normal position of the fuel tank to give more efficiency of the air system, whilst making the position of the air box more practical when riding in water. "

- Not too sure about that , having water get in to the fuel tank -very practical

"Front Forks: New Ceriani front forks with a new MICRO CROM treatment "-

They look the same as the last few years

"Completely new chassis, narrower and lighter"-

Not at the back- the rear end looks like its it needs to go on a diet

"Re-designed - more rigid front mudguard " -

Now even shorter = will let more crap into new radiator (with bad grille) - good idea!

"New, narrower radiator in the form of a

I kinda like the bike....I think :thumbup: .....But it would have been nicer if it had looked more like the plastics on the pre-release photos.

One thing I loved about the older Sherco's was being able to see the level of fuel in the tank.....This tank will be more like the "fill it till you spill it" GasGas tanks.

Oh and ShercoRider....I prefer the white/silver too :thumbup:

Best of balance,

Neo

Edited by Neo