Sherco 2010 World First Pic

trialsuk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the colors........not as seizure inducing as some past years..............although the yellow could be changed to black.

Not real sure about the exhaust going out the side.

Don't particularly like the gas filler cap, seems like it sticks out a bit and my scratch a leg,

Fuel tank will get a few dents in it,

Radiator does appear to not be very well protected from the sides.

I like the shorter gear shift, makes removing the flywheel cover easier

Frame itself looks good to me,

I think (may be wrong) that the header pipe is a little longer with a larger radius to the curve around, this will be helpful for riders like me that keep hitting the F****ing thing and bending the two sides together and making it damn near impossible to remove the lower bolt.

I guess the real test is put some in the hands of average Joe Rider and see what they think, Also would be nice if Caby would take one out and drop it off a 8 foot ledge and see how well it holds up. Provided of course Caby don't get hurt.

A topic posted at 11:31 this morning has 2595 views already (and growing!). Proof (if it were even needed) that TC is the place to be for maximum publicity :thumbup: Many thanks to Nige at Trials UK for being so on the ball with this. It's much appreciated since I couldn't be there myself :thumbup:

well my ten penny's worth is that I think it is a clever design, when the murky concept pics came out everyone talked about fuel pumps etc and how the lower cog was good but the fuelling wouldn't work, clearly they have lowered the cog without the need for fuel pumps etc, so should work in terms of balance. I applaud Sherco for pushing the designe envelope and also for seeing off the Xispa copy by undercutting them on price with the run out access models, very smart marketing. Sherco seem to be the only marque pushing the envelope in design and marketing and good on them for it, will be all to the better for us riders, if it works great, if not I am sure there will be a traditional Scorpa along in a minute, made in the same factory with a sherco engine, again smart platform marketing - look at VAG with skoda, seat, vw and audi all on the same platform. Sherco will have the boundary stretching Sherco, the quality trad Scorpa and the budget access (seeing off the Xispa) good luck and all success to them.

I think this thing looks shockingly awesome! Not as bare bones as a gasser, with exception of the rad, but mostly well protected! If you put a hammerhead on it, he could still f--- up an anvil! How much is an evo frame/ gas tank!

I still figure it may have a fuel pump in there, but that is no prob. :thumbup:

I still figure it may have a fuel pump in there

I hope your right Cope......either that or some form of anti-gravity magic :thumbup:

But considering that tank might weigh up to "3kgs" I can't see how drilling a few holes in the bash-plate would compensate for that. :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

OFFICIAL NEW DETAILS :

""Completely new chassis: New design, the overall weight has been reduced and the centre of gravity has been centralised and lowered to give better overall performance.

Air Filter Box: This is in the normal position of the fuel tank to give more efficiency of the air system, whilst making the position of the air box more practical when riding in water.

Fuel Tank: A new Ergal aluminium fuel tank which is now re-designed in the normal position of the air box and is fitted with an anti-bubble integrated fuel pump.

Rear silencer: New design which gives a more efficient performance, both internal and external.

Front Forks: New Ceriani front forks with a new MICRO CROM treatment which gives a 15% better slip performance compared to the conventional black forks. These forks also have all new aluminium internals giving an overall reduction in weight of 0.25 kg.

Rear Shock: This has a different spring and damping settings adapted to the revolutionary geometry of the new chassis.

New Cylinder Head Brace: To provide greater rigidity to the chassis to eliminate vibration and to mounting of the electrical components.

OTHER FEATURES:

Completely new chassis, narrower and lighter

New, designed sumpshield

Re-designed - more rigid front mudguard

Re-designed wider rear mudguard

New air filter box cover with graphics

New rear LED double optical light

New side covers adapted to new design

New, narrower radiator in the form of a

Edited by tony27

Sure sounds like a pump to me

Thanks for pointing that out Tony....sounds like the pump is actually on/in the tank?

Can anyone confirm the seat height?.....it looks higher than before :thumbup:

What the hell is a "Radiator in the form of a

Fivemeister, I have just taken delivery of a 2010 Beta and trust me whilst it is an awesome bike, very, very good NOTHING about the design is pushing the <technical> envelope. I had a British Trial bike made in the 60's with a main spar fuel tank, this is not pushing the design envelope, I might buy the Gasser engine design as design enevlope pushing, but not the Beta.

Also in terms of aesthetic design, again the 2010 Gasser is the best looking bike around by far

I presume Sherco will be pushing the envelope pricewise; any announcement with regards to how much it will cost?

Always a good envelope to push!!! :thumbup:

Best of balance....regardless of where your tank is positioned :thumbup:

Neo

Edited by Neo