Sherco 2010 World First Pic

trialsuk

I Like it. I think the colours work well together. BUT what's the point of putting the tank where it is? I don't get it. What is clear is that tubular frames are cheaper than pressed steel/oval tube frames and just as good. Gasser proved that.

Also I don't get the fancy plastic flashing along the "tank" ala Evo. It'll just break. It's a plastic injection piece so it's expensive.

Al in all. Pretty, I understand the frame but reasoning behind other bits escape me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have spotted a problem -

If you have a little petrol left in the tank and you are doing a wheely or going up a steep bank, won't all the fuel run to the back of the tank and starve the engine? You wouldn't have to have the front wheel that high for this to happen...or have Sherco thought of this problem?

If you have a little petrol left in the tank and you are doing a wheely or going up a steep bank, won't all the fuel run to the back of the tank and starve the engine? You wouldn't have to have the front wheel that high for this to happen...or have Sherco thought of this problem?

The official blurb says :-Fuel Tank: A new Ergal aluminium fuel tank which is now re-designed in the normal position of the air box and is fitted with an anti-bubble integrated fuel pump. ...whatever one of those is?

Maybe the tank is pressurised like on my petrol hedge trimmer which will run at any angle. Just a thought.

:thumbup: I know I have a one track mind , But I still think the Blonde in the extra photo's is the best feature of the post ...

Although I like the unconventional fuel tank and exhaust , I would really like to some proper drawings/photos/details of the fresh setup ...

New Ideas are almost always Doubted until shown to work . And I doubt sherco would have released the bike without some proper testing of the concept ...

Glenn

Pity about the photos....the cameraman must have had shaky hands ... not sure why!

Throw it on its side to refuel..... anyway nowt new is it... JCM had a take on this in the past.

Hopefully its priced right and rides nice... All the Sherco's I've tried have been really nice bikes to ride... apart from a crap steering 'lock', which is a bit silly on a trials bike.

When is Xispa's version coming out 2011?

New Ideas are almost always Doubted until shown to work . And I doubt sherco would have released the bike without some proper testing of the concept ...

Glenn

I prefer the Beta Evo design for keeping the rad in the frame. I reckon one good flop in the rocks will test it.

Not to tar Sherco with the same brush but GasGas released the 2002 Pro without proper testing.

From what the pics show i think the new Gassers & Beta's look a lot better, but it's an interesting design from Sherco, let's see what the reviews of them will be like. but why did they have to use the Silver fork legs & black yokes lol. bad choice.

Edited by GasGasben

I had to purchase another filler cap for my chainsaw too! Because I kept bashing the thing! Once again, big enough mallot and you are going to screw something up!

I can already picture myself hopping about on the back wheel(happy as a little girl) on one of these, just like Caby! NOT!