Sherco 2010 World First Pic

trialsuk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any mention of the four stroke? Usually they look different.

I was just think the same thing today.....It doesn't look like Sherco could fit the old 4T engine in that frame to me??

Best of balance.

Neo

Took a good look at it today...

the tank is definately strange, I can see the reason for putting it there but fuel will always get spilled FACT, and when it spills, you know its going alllll over your rear tyre, chain and sprockets and disc, maybe even working its way into bearings and stripping grease.

also, has anyone looked inside the airbox? there is 1 small clip that holds the plastic cover on which I heared a few people saying "thats going to get knocked off", personally i dont think it will and it provides really quick access to the air filter, but an even bigger problem I see is that I dont think it would make a difference if it was knocked off.

the cover is just that, a cover, with no seal of any kind. and underneif it is a flat 1" ish thick peice of filter foam (almost rectancular) which just rests ontop of the airbox outlet with a bit of holey plastic that sits ontop of it. Again, there is absolutly no seal around the edges of the air filter foam and im sure it think it will be easy to get crap into your carb.

I may be wrong, ive seen airboxes that look incredibly well sealed and they let allsorts of crud in so it might be fine?

the engine looks nice in black in my opinion but looks cheap, the crankcases look pretty roughly cast and have just been painted over.

on a lighter note, I think the tank/exhaust LOOKS really nice and tidy. and It will ride well, that go's without saying.

im not even sure its finished so there may be some last minute changes.

looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Tom

I was talking to a bloke at the dirt bike show from MRS & he was saying that they are working on the 4t frame now at the factory which is going to have a few minor changes compared to the 2 stroke, apparently the 2-stroke frame can not hold the 4t engine, so they are doing a few changes with it so it will.

Ben.

Looking closely at all the photos it looks like there were two 2T at the show?

One of the 2T's had a conventional Leonni ignition system but the other had a separate coil (from the CDI box) just like a Beta.

Also. I've got a feeling that the seat height is higher and that rear shock looks very similar to a GasGas shock to me....And those shocks are a bit longer than the older Sherco shocks.

Thinking about that 5 liter fuel tank. It makes me wonder what effects it will have on balance and geometry when the front wheel comes up high and a few liters of fuel suddenly shift it's weight back over (or past) the rear axle.

Or are there some baffles in there slowing the movement down?

Anyone know what this bike weighs in at yet?

All in all it's amazing how many changes Sherco have made this year. And if the prices are similar to last year this bikes gotta be a winner.

Best of balance.

Neo

Looking closely at all the photos it looks like there were two 2T at the show?

One of the 2T's had a conventional Leonni ignition system but the other had a separate coil (from the CDI box) just like a Beta.

Anyone know what this bike weighs in at yet?

Best of balance.

Neo

The bike with the CDI unit will be the 125, they are slightly different in that area.

Bike weight and specs can be found here... http://www.sherco.com/ST2t.html

The more I look the more I notice. :icon_salut:

There is the "no need for an in-line thermostat" short rad hose. And that Ignition coil I spoke of. But to my amazement there seems to be a sensor fitted to the rubber inlet manifold. Is this something to do with the Dual Map Leonelli progressive electronic ignition Sherco speak of?

Sherco must have been developing this bike since the news broke about Xispa.

Best of balance.

Neo

EngineChanges.jpg

The pipe going into the inlet manifold is I think for the fuel pump, i think it will work off the pressure pulses with some kind of diaphragm petrol pump.

The duel stage map has been used on the 250 and 290 since the 2007 Cabestany replica model (except for the UK standard model in 2009 for cost reasons) I don't think it has ever been used on the 125's or the 80's

I think there is a lot more wiring etc in that area because previously it would of all been hidden up at the top of the frame and the wire for the stator ran on the inside of the frame so now it looks like there is a lot of new things.

I don't think there is any reason to run a dual map system on the 125 and 80 as it would not really make that much difference tbh. I would probably not use it/take it off if there was one on the 125s anyway.

I think there is a lot more wiring etc in that area because previously it would of all been hidden up at the top of the frame and the wire for the stator ran on the inside of the frame so now it looks like there is a lot of new things.

I don't think there is any reason to run a dual map system on the 125 and 80 as it would not really make that much difference tbh. I would probably not use it/take it off if there was one on the 125s anyway.

Yup and yup!