Beta 200 2010

lew

Hi

I know this topic has been discussed recently, so please pardon me as I'm not a big forum poster.

I am selling my Repsol 4rt and replacing it with a Beta Evo, I have ridden Steve Saunders new 250 and his 200 and like them both, so much as I have taken the plunge and ordered a 200.

My real concern is I have noticed that the 200 has a mikuni carb instead of the keihin, is this ok or does the bike need the other?

I can't wait to get the new bike but while I'm waiting my brain starts ticking and I'm wondering should I have ordered the 250.

Regards

Simon

BetaBonkers - why do you feel that? I have had several Beta's (Rev3's and now an Evo) and have to say that a properly set up Mikuni gives no problems or cause for alarm.

Lew - if you felt happy on the 200 then stick with that. I love the 200 and think it a vastly underrated machine. It depends on what level you ride and personal preference at the end of the day, but don't feel 'intimidated' into buying a 250 for the sake of it!

Enjoy whichever you chose - they will both be lighter than the Mont :icon_salut:

Jeez, can't beleive I'm about to defend the Mikuni :icon_salut: I had a good go on a Evo 200 a few weeks ago, it carburated perfectly I thought. I have found the keihin a tad temperamental in the past, and very sensitive to the weather which I never found with the Mikuni

I think the keihins are temperamental because of the 28mm diameter throat. The bigger throat means the air speed is slower for the same volumetric flow rate. Carbs need the air to speed up at the throat to create the pressure difference needed to draw the fuel up through the jets. the bigger throat causes a lower pressure difference, which the jets are adjusted set for, but it means it's more sensitive.

The 200 having a lower capacity draws in less air than the bigger bikes, which I reckon is why they've used a smaller carb. It could have been a keihin if they made a 26mm version. I think a lot of riders would ride better on a 200, it's only the top experts that dare overgrip the throttle to make sure they're holding it absolutely flat out!

BetaBonkers - why do you feel that? I have had several Beta's (Rev3's and now an Evo) and have to say that a properly set up Mikuni gives no problems or cause for alarm.

Lew - if you felt happy on the 200 then stick with that. I love the 200 and think it a vastly underrated machine. It depends on what level you ride and personal preference at the end of the day, but don't feel 'intimidated' into buying a 250 for the sake of it!

Enjoy whichever you chose - they will both be lighter than the Mont :icon_salut:

Im on my ninth beta now and just think the keihn is better, i found with the mikuni i had to take it off every week to clean.

Jeez, can't beleive I'm about to defend the Mikuni :chairfall: I had a good go on a Evo 200 a few weeks ago, it carburated perfectly I thought. I have found the keihin a tad temperamental in the past, and very sensitive to the weather which I never found with the Mikuni

Hi Addict!

May i ask what you thought of the Evo 200???

Ill be at Earl shilton this week and will be seeing if anyone has one as im curious??

Benz