Pub Quiz Riot!

Andy

Every Monday night I head to my local pub quiz with a mate. Tonight one of the questions was "True or False. The AMA is the governing body for motorcycle sport." I, of course, answered "False", but added "unless you are in the USA" to our answer. The muppets had it down as TRUE. Major argument ensued which ended up with me being given two fingers and being told I was totally wrong and the quizmaster must be right. So there you go, the AMA run Trials and all motorcycle sport globally. Those FIM guys I see at all the world rounds must just be hangers-on :icon_salut:

Every Monday night I head to my local pub quiz with a mate. Tonight one of the questions was "True or False. The AMA is the governing body for motorcycle sport." I, of course, answered "False", but added "unless you are in the USA" to our answer. The muppets had it down as TRUE. Major argument ensued which ended up with me being given two fingers and being told I was totally wrong and the quizmaster must be right. So there you go, the AMA run Trials and all motorcycle sport globally. Those FIM guys I see at all the world rounds must just be hangers-on :icon_salut:

As the question didn't say WORLD governing body and it didn't denote a country, you could argue that the quizmaster is correct to say YES ( unless you are putting a big emphasis on the 'the' in the question). but... its very ambiguous so I can see why the discussion got a bit hot :wub:

Edited by AtomAnt