Trials Classes

charlie

I don't mean to jump down anyone's throat here, each to their own and all that, but why is there a need to find a trial that has a class for a type of bike.

Surely, you ride the type/make of bike you enjoy riding and just go to a trial and ride it. Most clubs have at least 2 routes now, many have 3 or 4. Just ride it on the route that suits you and that bike. If there is no aircooled mono class just enter whatever is appropriate for you - clubman, novice o/40, whatever. It's what I used to do on my Ossa long before the various pre65/twinshock series sprung up. What's it matter if there is no specific class. Never can understand this.

Only time it matters is if an event is for a specific type(s) of machine or if it is a championship for specific type(s) of machine. Then obviously you have to comply. Normal club trials cater for just about anything these days. Some classic clubs tend to try and keep more modern bikes out. Don't know how old you are but couldn't you ride one of the over whatever on modern bike classes at Bath

i agree with woody you can ride in any event on the easier route if you like I think Wessex is just starting to build a website try google( wessex centre) kingswood mcc (have a website) are running on Sunday at wooton under edge nice bit of land volatile farmer normally 3 routes.

For what it's worth I can tell you that Golden Valley Classic and Hawks clubs in Gloucestershire only run O 50 mono classes as they are classic style trials so as Woody says it depends on your age. The thing with Glos is that there are 5 or more clubs so everyone is catered for somewhere..

Charlie just coming back to classes ? Wessex ctr. I believe for the wessex ctr. championship rounds there are 6 classes expert, clubman expert, clubman,novice, over 40, over50,and that there are more than a dozen rounds with three routes through the sections, also most club events use similar if not the same format I don't have details to hand but I estimate ther are more than 30 trials a year within wessex ctr plus 6 amca (Bath Classic) then you have adjoining ctrs. I.m sure if you voluntereed to take over the job of trials recorder (which is neccesary to provide competitive sport for most entrants into events) you could introduce a class for red bikes with 2 shocks air cooled or white bikes with one shock air cooled....what you need to understand is that there is a lot of UNPAID WORK involved in being inclusive; at the end of the day as woody says trials is about riding your chosen bike and enjoying it.

Charlie just coming back to classes ? Wessex ctr. I believe for the wessex ctr. championship rounds there are 6 classes expert, clubman expert, clubman,novice, over 40, over50,and that there are more than a dozen rounds with three routes through the sections, also most club events use similar if not the same format I don't have details to hand but I estimate ther are more than 30 trials a year within wessex ctr plus 6 amca (Bath Classic) then you have adjoining ctrs. I.m sure if you voluntereed to take over the job of trials recorder (which is neccesary to provide competitive sport for most entrants into events) you could introduce a class for red bikes with 2 shocks air cooled or white bikes with one shock air cooled....what you need to understand is that there is a lot of UNPAID WORK involved in being inclusive; at the end of the day as woody says trials is about riding your chosen bike and enjoying it.

do you have a goldfish ?

I do ride modern and am clubman expert at that level. The reason for the classes is obvious is'nt it? Why do I want to ride a old bike in a modern event? The reason I ride is also to chat to fellow riders and comment / have a laugh about their respective mount!

Why would I want to wait at sections with riders on new evo's and pro's?