Eric Storz Horrible Crash

terrormachine

I am not sure just how you relate to the Stortz clan, but we appreciate the updates! All the best to Steve and the Stortz family and hope Eric is recovering well.

My prayers go out to Eric in his time of need, he is a great kid, and I wish the best for him.

Keep us posted :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

Steve Storz called me this morning and because he has no access to a computer right now he asked me to pass on his sincere gratitiude for all of the well wishes Eric and the whole family have received from the Trials community. Eric is currently in ICU recovering from the 6 hour surgery which took place on Wednesday night. The doctors have told Steve that all went well in surgery and Eric should hopefully be home early next week and be back in school in a couple of weeks !!

If either Steve or Neil are unable to get to a computer in the next couple of days I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Bill

Wishing him a speedy recovery. All the best to Eric and his family and thanks for keeping us updated Mezzer :)

Its a real shame as he and his brother were really friendly and so enjoying their stay in Europe earlier this year.

It is somewhat Ironic that he was such an oddity in his Full face helmet at the trials he did then goes and face plants without it back home.

Best wishes for a full recovery and hopefully see the FF next year?

Eric will be out of the icu on tuesday and he will more than likely be clesred to ride again by the beggining of january, Hes a strong kid with a big heart and hes going to make a full recovery, this is erics second facial inury from trials when he was 13 he broke his jaw and busted his face up real bad so i hoping this injury will not haunt him and that he will be back again.

I talked with Eric's dad Steve Storz today. He was due to be released sometime today. He emailed me an update about the antibiotic-related complications from surgery that have kept Eric in the hospital for the past week and a half.

I've blogged the email on the TTC website here: http://trialstrainingcenter.com/blog/post/1312/

Good to hear he is released from the hospital and on a good path to recovery.

Hope this does not steer him away from riding trials. The youngsters are those who will keep the sport going.

Very important: If he is anything like 99% of trials riders, somebody will need to make sure he lets himself fully heal up before riding again. I know that is easier said than done because the first day ya feel good all you can think of is getting back on that bike.